25.

They left as soon as they could, finding whatever they could from the destroyed beach hut before leaving the beach behind and travelling to a place Jin managed to find.
He described it as a small house in the middle of a forest where it's less likely she'll be able to find them and it wasn't too far away from their actual home.

Too tired to run, everyone decided to walk, trudging their way to wherever Jin and Namjoon were leading them, their limbs heavy and eyes drooping every so often.

Jimin and Taehyung held hands despite feeling so tired, refusing to let each other get within a metre of one another as they walked side by side.
Jungkook walked along side them, keeping close to Taehyung too who was just desperate to not lose any of his friends, checking behind him every so often on Hoseok and Yoongi who walked as a pair.

After what just happened, Taehyung's anxiety heightened even more. He knew he was only Jimin's protector but if he could save all his friends as well? That would be even better. But even then, he nearly lost Jimin.
He kept beating himself up for that and everybody could tell he was, he was quiet on the whole walk to this house and everyone knew better than to say anything to him.
He was feeling guilty and needed time to think.

Especially when a mermaid just gave her life for him without even knowing who he was.
Or maybe she did, she knew who Jimin was. But how did she know? It can't have been stories, they weren't that famous were they?

"We're here!" Jin exclaimed when they arrived to a small house in the middle of a nicely lit forest, the sun peeking through the green leaves as they all made their way into the doors before settling in a little.
It was a small house and there were only two rooms, but that's when Jin and Namjoon brought up the rota.

"We think it's best if people do shifts in the night to keep watch for anything" Namjoon spoke, everyone nodding in agreement besides Taehyung who stayed very quiet still, staring into space.

"So, the first ones tonight will be Yoongi and Namjoon" Jin announced the rota.
"The second one will be Jimin, Hoseok and me" Jin spoke and Jimin instantly felt Taehyung stiffen at the idea of being away from him.
"I want to stay with Jimin" he finally spoke for the first time in a while.
"I know, but you need to rest after today" Jin tried to argue
"So does Jimin" Taehyung snapped.

"Tae, I can handle a few hours and trust me, I'll be okay, I've got two people with me" Jimin stroked his cheek with his soft hand, kissing his neck as he cuddled into him, but he could tell Taehyung was uncomfortable with the idea.

"The last shift will be Jungkook and Taehyung" Jin spoke.
"You're sending Jungkook out?" Taehyung spoke, thinking this was absurd.
"How are you gonna send a human out to protect us against some all powerful witch who's been around for thousands of years" Taehyung spoke.

"No offence Kook, but he have no powers and if she attacks him he's a goner instantly" Taehyung spoke
"We know, that's why he's with you" Namjoon spoke but Taehyung scoffed.

"It should be Jimin with me, I am his protector" Taehyung mumbled
"Tae you need to calm down" Jungkook tried to speak to his best friend, but Taehyung stood up.
"This is ridiculous! You're sending Jimin out without his protector! And then you're sending Jungkook out who is defenceless against an almighty witch!" He exploded.
"Are you trying to-"

"Tae, why don't we go upstairs" Jimin interrupted, walking into his line of sight and looking into his eyes, once again the purple having its effect as it calmed him down.
"Let's go take a bath and we'll sort it out when we're done" Jimin spoke as he began to lead Taehyung upstairs, leaving everyone downstairs.

Soon enough, the two of them were sat in a warm bath, Jimin in between Taehyung's legs, his back pressed to Taehyung's chest, Taehyung's arms around his torso as they both relaxed into the warmth, their aching muscles coming undone as all the stress melted away for those few moments.

"What a day huh?" Taehyung sighed almost contently
"Yeah I know" Jimin turned to him so they were now chest to chest, looking up at the taller who smiled.
"I never want to lose you" Jimin muttered before pressing his lips to Taehyung's who reciprocated.
"Me too, which is why I don't want you to go on shift with Hoseok and Jin" He sighed but Jimin  rolled his eyes.

"I get it, you're worried, but you have to trust them, they'll take care of me" Jimin assured him
"I know they will, I'm not worried about that" Taehyung sighed as he grabbed a supply of shampoo on the side, squeezing some out before massaging it into Jimin's soft locks.

"What are you worried about then?" Jimin turned back round so he was facing away from him, closing his eyes whilst he enjoyed his head and hair being massaged.
"I'm worried something will happen to you and I'm not there to protect you" Taehyung spoke
"I'm already not good enough as it is so-"

"You what?" Jimin whipped around, forcing some shampoo bubbles to fly into Taehyung's face, nearly blinding him as he scrunched his face shut, the both of them laughing.

"Tae, you're the best protector ever" Jimin told him
"I barely saved you today" Taehyung muttered
"And why do you think we're still alive? The Kraken nearly killed us and here we are and it's because of our bond" Jimin told him enthusiastically before reigning it in.

"It's not just about you protecting me, it's also about me protecting you" Jimin kissed him once again before he washed the shampoo out of his hair and began to wash Taehyung's hair for him.
"Dahyun died though" Taehyung spoke and a silence fell between them.

A mermaid died for their safety. They will both never get over that.

"I can't believe she was missing and then she suddenly appeared to help you" Jimin spoke
"I know, do you think the Red Witch had her?" Taehyung asked and Jimin stopped where he was, looking at Taehyung's face to see if he was serious.

"Why would she release her?" Jimin asked
"Maybe she took the pearl of Singularity and she had what she wanted" Taehyung spoke
"What would she want with that?" Jimin once again asked one of the many questions spinning in his head.
"Who knows. But the Kraken has to be connected to her as well, nobody has seen that for centuries and it came out of nowhere" Taehyung spoke and that was a scary thought.

If she could control creatures like the Kraken, then what else was she capable of?

"Can we not talk about it?" Jimin asked quietly
"It kind of scares me" he admitted shyly as Taehyung kissed his cheek, nodding his head.

The two enjoyed their bath together before they went to share one of the beds before they had their shifts, kissing each other goodnight before settling down, falling asleep instantly in each other's arms.

~•~•~•~•~

Okay, I've spent a lot of time considering this and it was a mixed response.

Thank you to all those who cared about whether I can do it without stressing myself out. Just to let you know I am doing okay and I really appreciate you caring and I feel very grateful I have readers like you ❤️❤️

So, I've come to a half way point and how would you guys feel if I updated this story and the rest of my stories from now on in chunks?
Say 3-5 chapters a day whether it's a busy college day or weekend.
What do you guys think?

I personally think that would be a good way to not worry about updates as much, as well as remind me to actually do it lol and it would be less time consuming but still build some suspense in the story.

Time is an issue, especially when I have the finale to Elves ALMOST ready, a Jikook one that has been written and is ready for almost a year now lol AND I've just had an idea for one after watching a documentary last night.

But please let me know! Like I said it's up to you guys!
I love you all and thank you for the amazing support! 💜