26.

"Hey" Jungkook spoke as he sat on a chopped tree trunk, waiting for his shift buddy who frowned when he saw Jungkook.
"You were out here alone? For how long?" Taehyung asked
"Literally a minute" Jungkook spoke but Taehyung sighed.
"You should have waited for me" Taehyung told him, Jungkook not responding as the two just let the silence of the night sit for a second.

Although the sun had slowly began to creep up, the edge of the sky burning an orange shade but the rest of the sky pitch black with tiny stars shining down.

"Wanna walk?" Taehyung asked, Jungkook nodding as they grew bored of just sitting. It was a pretty boring job, even for the two of them who always managed to have fun together. But then again, they were meant to be on high alert and having fun was not a priority.

They walked not too far away, still able to visibly see the house, but the boredom lead them to venture into the trees a little, enjoying the peaceful forest around them.

"Did you sleep well?" Taehyung asked Jungkook who nodded.
"No bad dreams if that's what you mean, you?" Jungkook asked
"No, nothing" Taehyung sighed

"So what do you think about this Red Witch?" Taehyung asked and he noticed Jungkook stiffen slightly.
"She sounds scary to be honest" Jungkook told him honestly
"Like you said, I'm human and I'm defenceless against her" Jungkook spoke but Taehyung wrapped his arm around him.

"I'm here to protect you" Taehyung told him
"About the other night as well, I really am sorry you felt you couldn't come talk to me" Taehyung told him, but Jungkook smiled.
"It's okay, you were busy getting some" He teased, earning him a nudge in the side.

"I get it, your natural instinct is to protect Jimin so-"
"But I wanna protect you too" Taehyung jumped in
"I know you do, but if someone pointed and fired a gun at both me and Jimin right now you would jump in front of Jimin first" Jungkook spoke but not in a sour way, but he somehow managed to hit Taehyung right in the heart.

"I do care about you Kook, you're my best friend and the one person who's been by my side" Taehyung told him, Jungkook sniggering.
"Yeah you're not too bad and neither is Jimin" He teased again, the both of them laughing to each other before Jungkook looked up at the sky that progressively becoming lighter, the sun starting to shine more.

But then he noticed a huge opening in the trees above, like the leaves and branches had been moved by some sort of force, creating a hole where a lot of light could get in.

"Have you seen that?" Jungkook pointed at it, Taehyung seemingly uninterested.
"It looks a bit weird doesn't it?" He asked but Taehyung sighed.
"Yesterday shook you up, you're probably being paranoid" Taehyung spoke.
Right on cue...

"Help me"

There was a small whimper of a girls voice, the both of them glancing at one another, not moving a muscle in case they were both hearing things.

"If someone's there please help me" The same voice begged in a quiet and rough tone like they'd been crying for hours. Or in this case days.

Taehyung and Jungkook swiftly moved to where the noise was coming from, hearing small whimpers of pain from around the side of a tree where the opening in the trees was.

Their eyebrows were furrowed together in confusion, only for them to lift in shock by what they saw.

A girl who looked about the same age as them, the tree wrapped around her body as she was stripped down to her underwear and had been left here for god knows how long.

Taehyung and Jungkook glanced at one another, feeling slightly nervous suddenly as they took in the girl in front of them.

Suddenly they began to realise what she was.