4] OF EVIL DECENT

The oldest one of the brothers, who'd identified himself as Dean, paced around the room

He wouldn't stop worrying at his thumb and had been this way for half an hour now.

The other humans had filled out of the room one by one, even though one named Maggie had been more reluctant to leave than the others but at last, they were alone.

''This is crazy,'' Dean repeated for the hundredth time and Hope almost took him seriously now.
For starter, he'd changed out of the tux and back to a plaid shirt and jeans but even though she was on the way of respecting him, Hope still thought about how weird his legs bowed at the edges while he walked around the room.

''Dean, they explained.'' Sam, the youngest, reasoned with his brother as he sat before Clarisse at the table, in this secluded part of the bunker's library.

''Man, what more do you want?'' JP whined and he leaned back in his seat to prop his feet on the table. Dean threw him a look and he immediately put them back down.

The eight people had known each other for barely half an hour, but already, sides were being picked.
Clarisse had quickly hit it off with Sam since they both seemingly shared the same kindness and open mind.
Castiel and Darren were absolute polar opposites but the latter one couldn't stop staring at the man in awe ever since he'd told them he was an angel.
Dean and Hope seemed to have the same animosity toward everything and everyone else but they didn't clink together right away, or even at all.
And Jack, well, aside from the looks he'd give Hope once in a while when she wasn't looking, he had started a small conversation with JP here and there.

''Their souls glow like your parents' after they found each other.'' Castiel intervened when he looked back to the pair that were the Winchester brothers.

''So she really is his soulmate.'' Sam joined his hands on the table and let out an awkward cough as he looked back to Hope, only for her to just shrug back at him.

''I'll have to ask... higher people. Just to be sure. But yes, undoubtedly so.'' The teenagers wondered what the angel meant by 'higher people' but given that this was their first encounter with a seraph ever, they didn't push it too far. After all, they'd learned quite a few things about celestial beings in class.

Speaking of students, Clarisse's head snapped back to Sam, and, as she studied his side profile, she realized something. Something that she would have been better off without.

''Hold on,'' She stopped to stare at the two faces before her with a slight frown.
Sam had a beard now and they both seemed much older but she'd have recognized them everywhere. ''Aren't you those two serial killers on tv?''