17] HELLO, FRIENDS

Castiel had somehow convinced Hope not to tell anyone about the way Jack had killed Felix

Castiel had somehow convinced Hope not to tell anyone about the way Jack had killed Felix. He'd made her understand that it had all been an act of mercy, at the end of the day.

She had reluctantly obliged but even so, she could never seem to stop peering over to Jack, above Clarisse's shoulder.
The boy was excitedly reading a law book while JP, Clarisse and Hope were playing cards, the vampire also having a hand on the keyboard beside him every time the computer screen lit up.

''Could you stop that already?''

''No,'' JP looked up from both the computer and the cards in his hands, ''Because you see, my dear Clarisse, I am a hunter now. I have to watch out for cases.''

There was a minute of religious silence, during which everyone around the table stared at him incredulously, before Hope broke it.

''You're on Tinder, uh?''

''I'm on Tinder.'' He nodded meekly and the girls laughed before going back into the game.

''How's it going?'' Clarisse asked from the combo she was sure would disqualify Hope immediately.

Jack's head rose slightly above the book and he cast a look to their table.

''Did you know article 246 of the Haitian criminal code officially makes it against the law to turn a human into a zombie?''

''I- did not... know that.''
The trio turned their heads to the boy but he was already back to reading.

Clarisse shrugged and put a card down, waiting expectantly for Hope to cry miserably over her win, but she never did; and when the brunette looked up, her eyes met the girl's cheek.
She looked to Jack again and couldn't help but let out a small smile.
If he'd been her type, she would have thought he was dreamy too.

''Jack?'' A voice called and all heads snapped to it.

Dean and Sam strolled in and looked around the room, as it seemed, not prepared for the whole squad to be here as well.

''Uh, we're heading out. For a case.''

''Great,'' Clarisse smiled, ''I'll just grab my coat and-''
''Actually, we- we thought that maybe, you guys could sit this one out?''

A computer was flipped shut and a vampire was surprised, as everyone else of his peers.

''You found new hunting buddies?''

But all it took was for Clarisse to turn reproachfully to JP and he quickly mouthed an apology, realizing what he'd said.

''No,'' Sam assured, ''but uh-''
''We don't want to leave the bunker empty,'' Dean interrupted and looked back to Jack, ''In case mom or some of the other hunters call and need help... so. And this place is long overdue for restock so...'' He pulled out a crumpled paper from his pocket but Hope couldn't believe her own ears right now.