8] WAY TOO OPTIMISTIC

Dean and Sam were back from their previous hunt and thankfully, with their return, the air seemed to be lighter

''I mean, she didn't even leave a note?'' Maggie pressed the subject however as shocked as she could be.

''No,'' Hope sulked even more and crossed her arms over the table and her gaze set on France while Maggie went on from beside her.

''So she just up and left?''

''To Vermont,'' Hope added.

Clarisse had not been gone a day that already everyone in the bunker knew. They mourned her loss or whatever hunters did even though they'd known her for as little as three days.

''Woah,'' Maggie continued as she leaned back in her seat and cast a look to JP. ''And I thought me and Angela had the most dysfunctional friendship.'' She let out a laugh at the end but the vampire cast her a look over the thick novel that he'd borrowed from Sam.

''Oh, I didn't mean- stupid me, sorry. That was my inside voice.'' The girl apologized but Hope still didn't look up at her. Instead, her eyes travelled to the flat surface of the map table again and she let out another sigh.

JP cast another discreet look to Maggie and she excused herself at last.
''I have to go wash my mouth out with soap. Bye.''

The vampire took her chair even though Hope didn't seem to realize it. He finally spoke when the girl's eyes stopped on Italy.

''You still don't want to tell me what happened?''

''We fought,'' Hope answered over Europe as JP closed the book shut and put it down on the continent. Her head rose immediately when her entertainment was taken away from her and looked back to the vamp.

''What about?'' JP asked but Hope didn't hesitate to shake her head immediately.
''Okay,'' He persisted, ''How about: How mad was she with you?''

''Pretty mad.'' Her eyes wandered down again but JP didn't let another second pass.

''Okay, it's fine.'' He said and even though he'd been mad when Clarisse had left, he knew he couldn't let that be a factor of hatred against Hope.
''She might even turn back. I mean, she still has a few twenty hours to drive to get there.''
Luckily for all of them, teleportation spells only worked short distance for the teenage witch.

''She took your car?'' Hope asked as her elbow perched on the table and her head went in her palm.

''Yeah. Darren's out too. So that makes only two of us.''

''Where's Darren?''

JP shook his head at the girl, telling her everything she needed to know.

''Is he mad at me?''

''Rather at Clarisse for leaving. He said he needed time but he left with Celeste's credit card so I hope he brings back great stuff.''

That got a chuckle out of her and JP reached over to pat her back.
At least she had the other hunters' sympathy since she'd already caught half of their not so discreet stares  from afar.
They'd become so nice to her in such a short period, but she had a feeling it had to do with their liking for Jack. That boy didn't seem to have any enemies at all.