19] SHE DOESN'T (1)

''What the hell?'' Dean burst as he looked down at the burnt body again

Nick had been grilled by something that Hope guessed was a spell; his skin was red and completely destroyed but his shirt was black, as if it had been thrown in a chimney.

''I don't know,'' JP squatted to the body, ''We called you as soon as we found him.''
They'd looked for Mary and Jack but neither of them were found and despite the burnt grass in the backyard of the cabin, nothing else was seemed to be around.

''Do you think... Jack did this?''

''No, JP! He could never... right? Castiel?''
The angel looked up at the blonde girl, the one who was still looking between the corpse and everyone around. She didn't want to believe what they were starting to be hinted at.

He didn't answer but looked down at the burnt body and the chapped skin that peeled off his face. Sam finally covered the man with a blanket and turned to the rest of them.

''It's in times like these that it would have been good to tell us about the snake!'' Dean seemed angry all of a sudden but for some reason he directed it all at Hope, until Castiel came to the rescue.

''It's not her fault, Dean. I told her not to tell anyone. What Jack did to Felix was... mercy. It wasn't... bad. It was an absence of good.''

''Oh, yeah?'' Dean spun to point a finger at the angel, ''Well if he did anything to her; if she's... Then you're dead to me!''

''I know,'' Castiel bowed his head before Hope could jump into defending him, ''I failed you. I failed Jack. And I failed-''
''Don't! Don't even say her name!''

''Okay,'' JP stopped the hunter from coming any closer to the angel and for once, he seemed to be taking the whole situation pretty seriously.
''Let's just take a breather here. Right now, we need to find Jack and Mary.''

''I already tried tracking down his phone,'' Sam said after a short silence, ''It's dead.''

''Yeah, and Clarisse did a locator spell too,'' Dean continued, much lighter this once, ''She says Jack's mere presence is undetectable. She thinks it's because his magic is pushing back against hers. And as for mom...''

''She says she can't find her. Yet.'' Dean couldn't finish and Sam jumped to his rescue even though both seemed sulking.

''Okay-'' Sam's phone went off and he took it out of his pocket.
''Who's it?''

''Rowena.''

They'd obviously called for backup right after Clarisse had said that she couldn't do more, which Hope would have almost found insulting had the situation not been that serious.

''Hello, Samuel,'' The voice of the red head had lost all attempts at jokes since last time they'd seen her but they'd stop on that fact later. Clock was still ticking after all.