20] SHE DOES, BUT TOO LATE (2)

''Jack?'' Hope repeated, and as if on cue, two orbs of golden light snapped to her

The alarm was still ringing loudly in her ear but she almost couldn't hear it over the thump of her heart beating against her rib cage.
It cried loudly in there, especially when Jack's face morphed into a scowl.

''You lied to me,'' He looked around the other hunters before his hands raised in front of him, and they were sent flying against a wall by the invisible force of his mind.

Hope was the only one that was still standing when the wave of power hit, but when she turned to them and back to the boy, he was already gone.

The vampire was the first to rise, quickly followed by the angel and the two Winchesters.

''What the Hell?''

''Exactly!'' Hope walked to Dean and almost raised a hand to slap him.
''What the Hell? You said you were going to help him! Not freaking lock him up-''
''Hey, hey,'' Sam interrupted the girl but his brother didn't even seem to want to argue. Instead, he harbored a blank face, an unreadable frown creasing his brows.
The taller Winchester put his hands on either sides of her arms and made her look up at him.
''I'm sorry about that. We're all sorry. But right now, we need to find Jack for his own safety.''

''His safety?'' Dean scoffed and at last, he looked ready for an argument. ''Kid blew up the Ma'lak box! When we find him, we kill him. 'Cause he's just another monster.''

''You don't mean that.'' Castiel defended before Hope could burst and set Dean on fire, but the latter one just took steps toward the angel.

''The Hell I don't.''

''I thought this stuff was supposed to be indestructible!'' JP interrupted and chunked pieces of the broken containment box away, all the while trying his best not to look back at the girl who was already glaring daggers in his back.

Hope shrugged Sam's hands from her shoulders and walked out the door.

''The Hell you're going now?''

''Well, Dean,'' She turned around and glared directly at him, ''Looks like there are two teams now. So I'm going to find Jack. To save him.'' Her voice was eerily calm, and hadn't it been for the fire burning in her eyes, he would have thought that everything was fine between them.

Alas, she walked away without so much as a look back, but Dean couldn't help himself. He called after her to pinch in the last word.

''To save him? She wants to save him... Well, good luck with that! 'Cause your boyfriend is beyond saving!''

Hope reached her room at last, completely fuming and out of herself.
Clock was ticking now more than ever, so she picked up a few random clothing items, that she would put on on the way. The way to where? She didn't know that either.