16] NINJA TURTLES

''Hey,'' Hope barged into the kitchen, even this early in the morning, all dressed up and ready for whatever the day had to bring

''Hey,''
Hope barged into the kitchen, even this early in the morning, all dressed up and ready for whatever the day had to bring.

''Where's Clarisse?'' She asked once she'd finally reached the counter to pour herself a cup of hot steaming coffee.
She brought it to her lips, it was almost scorching, but with just enough sugar, the taste was not as sour as it used to be.

''Out,'' Dean barely answered before bringing a heavily filled sandwich to his mouth.

''Care to be specific? Oh, and you know eating more than one source of protein at once is bad for the body, right?''

Dean threw her a look over his meat-loaded sandwich and a frown started to lace his face at the girl's antics.

''Clarisse told me that.'' She just shrugged but even so, she leaned against the counter and waited expectantly for the older hunter's come back.

Clarisse had finally agreed to stay at the bunker, for obvious reasons, and all the others had gone her way, especially after losing a good twenty pack of their roommates.

''She's with JP, Castiel and Sam. They found a case. You just missed them.''

''What?''
Not only would this be Clarisse's first hunt, but she had never told her she would be leaving today.
''But Sam's just come back-''
''I know,'' Dean said and put his sandwich down at last with a heavy sigh.
His brother was using his own coping mechanism to deal with the hunters' deaths but unlike Dean's, it didn't have anything to do with strippers and a nice hotel with a swimming pool.
No; Sam's jam was more one to work to exhaustion.

''At least Castiel's there with them. I don't understand why she didn't want me to come.'' Hope sighed but even so, she managed to smile a bit.

Was Clarisse still angry at her?
She'd assured that things were okay between them!

Hope looked up from her cup just when Dean swallowed another bite.
He was busy avoiding her eyes but they roamed over her form, rather knowingly, at last.

''You know something!''

''Who? Me?'' His hands raised and Hope took menacing steps forward until she dumped the cup on the table and perched her hands over the flat surface.

The man didn't cower because she looked way too small to take him down but still, he spilled the beans.

''Look, I know you're not a bright girl, so I'll just say this: your bffs left you alone in a bunker with your ex-boyfriend. Nothing to do for miles. What do you think they're planning?''

''I told Clarisse I didn't want her or anyone playing matchmakers.'' Hope sighed and a hand went to rub at her forehead tiredly. This was just awesome.

''And she ignored you,'' Dean shrugged, ''Just like what I'm about to do.''

''So funny.''

''I know.''