5] SLEEPING UGLY

''Hope?'' A voice repeated but the banging on the door never seemed to decrease, let alone waver

''Hope?'' A voice repeated but the banging on the door never seemed to decrease, let alone waver. ''You're going to have to come out sooner or later, you know?''

Hope groaned and pushed the comforter back as her eyes jolted open. She hadn't had any sleep, mostly because she'd slept on the way to the bunker, but a little break from everything wouldn't have been too much to ask for, in her opinion.

''Hope?'' The door cracked open just slightly and a yellow cardigan appeared in the shimmering light of the hallway. The room was dark, as dark as one could be without any windows, but Clarisse didn't mind. If anything, this darkness had helped her get the best sleep she'd ever had in her life.

The cardigan stepped closer as the door closed swiftly behind it and something was flickered back and forth before finally, the lightbulb over their heads dared to shine.

''It's been four hours. I know you're not sleeping.'' The girl said when she bent over her friend's form on the bed. This one sighed but swung her feet to the floor and marched over to her bag immediately.

''What are you doing?''

''I'm getting changed.'' Hope answered before she reached in her bag for the fewer outfits she'd brought and Clarisse eyed them wearily as she sat down on the bed.

''You didn't bring a lot of things.'' She remarked.

More than enough, Hope thought, but instead of saying it, she turned to her friend.

''How long do you think we'll be staying here?''

Clarisse shrugged at her friend's narrowed eyes and instead of glaring, looked around the room.
''I don't know. At least until Mr Nelson's anger's passed. Besides, I like this place.''

After this reply, Hope found herself looking around the simple room with a scrunch of slight repulsion before her eyes cast back to Clarisse.

''What?'' She continued, alas, ''It feels homey.''

''Not,'' Hope said, rose her arms and lifted her top above her head.
She traded it for a long-sleeved shirt but kept the same jeans on overall; this wasn't a beauty pageant.

''So,'' Clarisse brought her legs under her and Hope cast a look to her red skirt, rather scornfully than anything else, ''Are you going to talk with Jack?''

''I thought I already did.'' She put her bag away and took off the few rings that hugged her fingers.

''No. I meant, alone.'' Clarisse corrected as she looked up to her friend in slight anticipation.

Said girl's eyes wandered to the floor for a second and back to her friend. There was a slight animosity in them but she didn't let that show for a while.

''No,'' She simply said, ''Why would I?''

''Uh, because he's your soulmate?''
Once again, something deep within Hope made her cringe internally and she didn't like the feeling at all.