15] SOMEONE FROM THE PAST

Blonde scattered on the pillow; twisting and tossing and turning and doing every thing else that could describe frantic moving

Her arms were bare and she'd pushed the comforter back in her sleep but even as her body moved around the bed, her soul lay in a forest.
It was deep and darker than anything Hope had ever seen but the moonlight that shimmered above her head made up for it, just slightly.
She could barely see it through the heavy branches of the countless trees around her but it seemed to shine a dark blue, and all the while she observed it, night was falling further on them.

Her bare feet walked on their own, scraping themselves against the fallen leaves and branches of the rocky path that showed no sign of civilization around whatsoever, but even so, her legs were cold.

The two laces dangling from the waistband of her shorts caught in something, forcing her to a halt as she looked back to the tree beside her.

Her hand pulled on the item of clothing and soon, its hold on her was destroyed.
The tree had simply tried to warn her not to wander down that rocky path, as if a corner of her brain wanted her to turn back now, while she still could, but she didn't even acknowledge it and her feet took back their role.

The farther she went through the forest, the darker it seemed to get but it was as if she wasn't even realizing it.

Her legs came to a stop in front of a tree, as if they knew where she was going.
As her neck craned sideways and back up front, the tree started to change shapes.

Its branches soon transformed into dark hair and its trunk now had a jacket and shoulders.

When Hope looked down at the roots hanging out from the floor, they were gone, and a body lay there instead.

A frown creased at her features immediately as she looked to the pair before her, the soft creaking of the leaves beneath her feet long forgotten.

The tree disappeared altogether as the girl took a hold of the boy's head, brought it on her lap as she kneeled down and started massaging his scalp while she let the tears flow freely.
As if it had all been a mute film till then, the sound hit her ears a second later.
Second during which, Hope could still not see her face but the dark bob that stood on her head and the body in her hands were starting to give her an idea as to who it was.

Hope listened to the girl's soft cries and sniffles that occurred everytime she pressed her forehead against Darren's.
A nauseous feeling climbed up her throat all the way from her stomach and her eyebrows twisted sadly at the sight.

''Celeste?''

Upon being called, the mop of dark hair snapped their heads in her direction and let out a small cry.
When her eyes caught Hope's though, her sad frown turned into one of pure anger.

''He's dead!'' She seethed though her teeth as she looked up and pressed the side of Darren's head against her chest.
''This is your fault!''

And then, an even more nauseous feeling settled in her stomach, to never go up.