14] WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

Hope was glad to hear that her breakup with Jack hadn't affected her place in the family

Actually, the brothers continued to treat her the same way they'd done before and she was glad for it too, especially since she didn't want to live in a world without Dean's sass.

Speaking of which, the man had come back from his slumber party with Mary and Sam, all with a new addition.
Indeed, even though Hope hadn't got that bit so well, he'd got a certain Nick guy and -unfortunately for him- ex-vessel of the one and only Lucifer.

Long story short, once the archangel that had inhabited the guy had died, he became nuts and had gone down a dark path, easily murdering anyone that would get his temper started.

After his win, Dean had quickly found a new case and they were on it now, and although they'd ridden in separate cars, Jack still refused to talk to the girl at all.

Darren was in the bunker, looking up on this human flesh-eating monster that they'd raided in a few houses but never caught so far -for the guy seemed to always be five steps ahead of them- while JP had tagged along happily.
It was his first official hunt since the whole scam he'd found in Oklahoma and he couldn't be more excited.

The house was fancy and stuffed, but even though, a smoke led you easily to the centerpiece, the kitchen.
A few pots, pans and whatever cooking utensils lay around on the stove, all seemingly on the verge of exploding and burning down the house.

The meals in them were over cooked but otherwise delicious and if it hadn't been for the dead guy lying on the counter with his eyes and liver missing, Hope would have liked to have a taste.

''He's cooking the body parts... again.'' Jack said as the girl turned off the stove.
The worst must have been that the cooking bits of liver in the pan smelled deliciously appetizing.

''Maybe he's vegetarian for human meat.'' JP shrugged when he too entered the scene.

''Or a cannibal.'' Hope voiced the most plausible explanation as she leaned against the stove and crossed her arms.
Her eyes wandered to Jack while he busied himself with examining the cut onions and pineapples on the counter.

''On the plus side,'' JP continued and he rounded the corner as well. ''The dude's a great chef.''
The vampire's fingers reached out and in a second, he'd popped a cut piece of pineapple into his mouth.

Hope's face crunched in distaste immediately and even Jack frowned when the vampire looked up.
''What?''

''You're disgusting, that's what.'' A new voice boomed as they too entered, their brother in trail. ''He's not here.''