6] GET TO TRICK HIM

That morning, Hope woke up cheerier than usual

She didn't know whether it was because of the new side she'd discovered of Jack, the talk she'd had with Sam or the plan she was plotting to get the control of her life back but either way, this promised to be a good day.

Her first thought would have normally been to go check on Clarisse, but she had other plans in mind as she shrugged on a new shirt and a clean pair of jeans and left her room to march off to the map room.

''Hi,'' Alas, Destiny had other plans for her because, just as she stormed out of the bedroom, a girl was about to knock on her door.

''Uh, hi.'' Hope's voice came out unsure but she looked up at the girl anyway.
She hadn't even taken two steps in the hallway that already, someone was interrupting her perfect day.

She was sure to have never seen her anywhere before, although her attire and plaid shirt indicated that she might have been part of the hunters society that went on between these walls.

''Can I help you?'' She still asked, more for good measure because the girl was already staying -a second too long- at her face.

She seemed to snap out of her daze immediately when she shook her head rid of whatever thoughts and looked back to Hope without so much as a piercing gaze anymore.

''Hi,'' She said again while she reached for Hope's hand, and her voice sounded shriek, but not downright annoying. ''I'm Maggie.''

Hope lightly shook Maggie's hand and introduced herself.
''Hope.'' She said and dropped the hand.

''Yeah, I know who you are.'' Maggie seemed almost nervous but the way she talked fast and stammered over her words could have just been a personality trait.
''I mean, all they've been talking about is you, so... I already met your friends by the way! They're nice.''

She didn't know what to reply to Maggie, so she said nothing and a long silence followed, before she broke it again. Either she really liked the sound of her own voice or she was a pretty nervous person.

''Um, I just wanted to meet you, I guess. I mean, Jack's my friend so...''
Well, at least he had friends his own age rather than three grumpy old dads.
And Hope still didn't move a muscle, even when Maggie smiled awkwardly at her.
''Anyway,'' The girl pointed behind herself, ''I was just heading out for a hunt. And if you need anything... See you.'' Maggie threw one last smile at Hope before she took an immediate sprint to the turn of the hallway.

The blonde stayed back until she'd lost sight of her and then turned the other way.
Hope's first impressions of Maggie so far were far-fetched.
And to say, she seemed nervous, but kind enough and she'd been the only hunter so far who'd dared to speak to her directly; even go so far as to offer assistance.
Of course, there had been Jules too, but after Lora had been rescued, it was as if none of the kindness and help they'd shared had ever happened.