18] CHILD'S PLAY

Dean continued to pop the thing with a screwdriver

It popped again and at last, he let out a very loud cuss.

''Son of a bitch!''

Hope rolled her eyes when JP offered Dean help to fix the board game but the Winchester proudly denied any, assuring he would be done in a minute and that the thing had to be jammed anyway.

Clarisse looked up from her book, rather dubitative but she took another piece of candy on the table and popped it in her mouth, swallowing her laugh efficiently.

Dean had been trying to fix the same board game for nearly ten minutes, for the start of JP's, Clarisse's and Hope's first Winchester Game Night.
Unlike what Hope had initially thought, no black leather and whips were used in the making of Game Night; instead, games in all kinds and an incredible patience, it seemed.

Dean continued to curse and she rose from the table, shaking the empty popcorn bowl in her hand to silently tell her peers where she was going.

In the kitchen, Jack was already making more popcorn on the stove and Mary was just filling up other bowls.

''Oh, Hope!'' She looked up from the recipients to stare at the girl's hands.
The two had met barely days ago when the eldest had returned from a break and even though the woman had been wary, much like her son, she'd understood this soulmate thing quickly and that she would have to live with a vampire and two witches from now on.
She'd never admit it -for, stubbornness was something that ran in the family- but she'd grown to like all of them, especially the vampire.

''Need a refill. We're out.'' Hope set the bowl down on the table beside Mary and took a potato chip from another one.

''Jack's on it.'' The older blonde assured and they both looked back to the boy.
His shoulders flexed when he concentrated on the popcorn but Hope looked away from his back to get her eyes back on Mary.

''So...'' Mary started, above a whisper as she put both palms flat against the table.
Hope swallowed her bite and looked back at the woman who had a mischievous glint in her eyes.
''Jack can do a lot of things...''

''He can.'' She nodded, causing Mary to groan internally.

''Are you guys... any closer?''

''Mary-''
''Got it. Not my business. Sorry.'' She raised her hands and went back to the bowls before her.
She couldn't help but ship those two though; after all, Dean had taken after her.
Speaking of which, another curse pierced through the bunker, even louder than the one before and Jack turned around with the popcorn and tore a rip through the foil with a fork.

''I thought this was supposed to relax him.'' He said to Mary while Hope reached out for a pop corn, almost burning her fingerprint off in the process.

''It will.'' Mary assured before she lightly slapped the girl's hand away.
''They're too hot.''

Hope frowned but still handed the empty bowl to Jack so he could pour them into it.
He did so and Mary warily looked up from the pair.