Chapter 1: Are Policemen Heroes?

Deborah's POV

As I glide at the creepy, long, narrow, and trashy alley using my skateboard I saw 3 black figures far ahead. When I went nearer I can't believe what I saw. I said in my mind, "This isn't actually happening." but it is.

I stopped then got off my skateboard and witness what the theft is actually happening right now. Tears were slowly flowing down my face when I saw her looking at me and whispering, "Get some h-help...".

I immediately got on my skateboard and glide fast to the nearest police station.

I finally arrived and went to the guy at the desk. "Sir, please send your cops to the Trashy Alley. Something dreadful is happening there right now." I said and he looked at me then grabbed the telephone and called someone.

He put down the telephone and said, "Cops are on their way. Please wait here for a while Miss?"

"Mendez. Deborah Mendez" I replied then went to sit down at the chairs near the entrance.

I patiently waited for hours and hours. I was just sitting there and scrolling up and down at my phone. I looked at the guy at the desk and said, "Is it that hard to catch two criminals?"

He looked back at me but then he looked back at the paper he was writing at.

Something is not right........

Are they really cops?

I grabbed my bag and skateboard and went outside. I ran back to the alley and I saw her.........

Lifeless.....

Her eyes were lifeless........

She was not moving..........

Blood coming out of her dress........

Her position laying on the ground..........

She was reaching for someone but didn't help at all......

Those two faces who I remembered........

How dare they do this! How dare those cops! I kneeled down and put down the skateboard and reached for her face. I put her face at my lap while caressing it.

Don't worry, I will have my revenge. They will pay. They will all pay. Justice? Oh, we will have it soon.

Again, tears were flowing down my face and I am still caressing her face.

"Hey mom....... Why now? Why only now? Rest in Peace..." I said and carefully closed her eyes.

I called my close friend Clyde Yang to pick me up and of course my mom.

He finally came quickly and helped me carry her at the back seat. I sat at the front seat and he started driving.

"How did this all happened?" he questioned. I just sighed and looked out the window. I know he wants to help me but I was traumatized at what I saw and I regretted calling the cops for help.

As I look at the window I saw the two guys who raped my mom. I clenched both my fist and looked at them with anger then I had flashbacks at what they were doing. I quickly wiped the tears that was about to fall and looked at the window again.

I both saw them holding money. I think I know what happened. They were paid, they were paid to do that or the cops paid them and raped her also. The theft! My mind is so messy right now.

Clyde noticed that I was not calm so he drove fast to my house and we arrived safely.

I got out of the car first and grabbing my stuff at the back then I got the key from my back pocket and opened the door. I went inside and leave my stuff at the couch then grabbed a shovel at the garage.