Chapter 13: Talk

Deborah's POV

Why won't it work?! I keep on putting my arm up and down but it won't work. I went to Vinci's office and knocked on his door so fast that it opened and I fell but landed on his chest and I quickly stood up.

"What do you want that you have to knock on the door several times that fast?" he said and walked to his table and sat down.

"I—My katana won't work. It doesn't work anymore. I keep on trying but it's gone; yes, I keep on thinking about bad stuff but nothing is happening." I said so fast that he stared at me in confusion.

"My katana won't work anymore." I said slowly this time.

"What do you think is the reason that it won't work?" he asked.

Then I remembered my dream, "No, it can't be." I said to myself.

"The katana said to me in my dream that it won't help me anymore, I guess that's the reason why." I explained to him.

He nodded then pressed a button and suddenly the bookshelves that were supposed to be there were turned then different of guns and katanas came out.

"Choose one and keep it until your original katana comes back and what reason he chose to not come out?" he asked and I went near the display of weapons.

"He said that I'm using him for wrong things." I replied and I chose a katana that has light green on its side and the grip is black with a little violet and red.

I then noticed that one weapon is missing called Canon Shot (Mini). I asked Vinci on where that weapon was.

"It was claimed by somebody special to me but now that she is nowhere to be found that weapon is still with her as far as we know or probably destroyed on who knows where." he answered and turned the weapons back into the bookshelf.

"About your bloody katana, he will come back soon, I know it." he added and showed me out of the room.

I went to the kitchen to look for food but thankfully Kukushi was done making chips and dips.

After a few munches, Hayly came home with John and she is now resting in her room.

"So when will I kidnap some scientists?" I asked so suddenly that Kukushi spit out the water he was drinking and I laughed at him.

"Don't laugh, and were you awake that time?" he asked while cleaning himself.

"Well, you guys thought that I was asleep but unfortunately no. That's how I heard your conversation." I answered him and took a bite of my chip.

"Tomorrow. You are going to do it tomorrow." he said and got a chip.

I nodded my head and continued eating.

[3:00 PM]

[At The Arcade]

"One in a million, my lucky strike!" Kristian sang.

Kristian was singing and following the moves that were on screen while I was just doing my best to dance and beat him.

"I'm going to beat you." I said and he just smirked and now our scores are tied.

The song ended and the winner was of course, him. I groaned in sadness and I look at him grinning.

"Your luck will run out someday." I said to him while handing his water bottle.

"My luck never runs out." he replied and I dragged him to the basketball game.

"Fine, if I win in this game, you will treat me Jollibee but if you win, I will buy you the game you want to buy." I said to him and he nodded and we both put in one coin and the balls started going down so I grabbed one and keep on shooting.

My hands are getting tired and I can feel a sweat fell down in my cheek. The game finally stopped and guess what, I won this time.

"I won, now let us go to Jollibee." I said and I started dragging him again but suddenly I bumped into some dude and I fell but Kristian helped me got up.

Why does it have to be him? Out of all people to bump into.

"Hey Clyde." I said and reached out my hand for him to shake it but he grabbed my hand and did a high-five instead.

"Why do I have to shake your hand? We are friends, remember?" he said and I just smiled and looked at Kristian who was just perfectly still and quiet.

"So, you are home schooled now. How are you feeling? I never heard of you ever since." he said and gave me some fries that he was holding.

"I feel fine and I am busy doing stuff, that's why I can't text you or other people. Aren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked him while taking a bite of fries.

"We were dismissed earlier because there was a student who got killed from suicide but I believe that it was murder." he said and I was shocked. Who the hell in my team would kill an unknown student in my old school?

"Well, you were the best detective when we were young, why don't you solve the case?" I said and he looked at Kristian.

"I forgot that you have a friend here. Sorry for ruining your date." he said and walked away.

"We are not on a date." I shouted at him and he just waved then I noticed that there was a small girl beside him holding his hand.

Who is that?! He doesn't have a sister, I mean she is dead so who could that be?

I just hailed a jeepney and me and Kristian went to Jollibee and he is going to pay the bill.

"So that was Clyde." he asked and I nodded.

"Just so you know, we erased his memories on where you are living right now and we changed it. He thinks you are living in an apartment and you don't want to be bothered with." he added.

That clearly explains on why he doesn't come anymore or visits.

"Were you two a couple before?" He asked me and I scoffed making the people inside the jeep look at me, thankfully we are at our destination and we got down.

As we went inside Jollibee I went to find a seat and I told him that food I want so he can order without me.

I found a seat beside the window and I grabbed my phone to take pictures of the view until someone posed in the picture and it was Lester.

I rolled my eyes at him and told him to come inside.

"Who are you with?" he asked.

"Kristian, he lost the game so he has to treat me some food." I replied and I took a selfie but Lester wants to join so I took it with him.

Finally Kristian came with my food and he was surprised that Lester was here. Lester had to order his on food so we ate first and talked about stuff.