Chapter 24: Long Time No See

Deborah's POV

What is—where am I? I stood up and feel my head hurt but it was immediately gone once I stood up straight.

I looked around and it was white, just plain white. Where the theft did Acy put me?

Suddenly a ray of light shine so brightly making my eyes hurt and once I got my vision back, I was at a bar.

I was now sitting by myself not until a man wearing a tuxedo and a hat approached and gave me a drink then sat down across me.

"It's wine and recognize me?" he said as he removed his hat.

"You're dead, you can't be here," I replied and drink the wine out of disbelief.

"Yes, I am but where are we Deborah?" he asked me as he holds his cup of wine.

"A bar?" I replied but obviously that was not the answer. I mean, I went from Acy's home to plain white room to a bar.

He glanced at me and gosh, he knows me too well.

"I'm pretty sure at my own mind but I guess I'm not in control of it," I told him and he smirked and patted my head.

I moved his hand away from my head and sighed. "Why are you here anyways? To tell me something is wrong or an advice?" I asked because I don't like this confusing life.

"As your father I am here whenever you need me and by the looks of it you need me, besides, I'll always be here. Why? Because I am your katana," he explained and sips his glass of wine.

That's absurd! That can't possibly happen.

"Who knows?" I asked.

"Your mother only knows about this. Don't worry the procedure was successful. I'm here, you're here, it's a win—win," he explained.

"Then why don't you come out of my hand anymore?" I asked again.

"I thought that you'll use it for good but no, you went to the dark side," he said and looked at me with anger in his eyes.

It's my choice anyways; I'm 18 for Pete's sake!

"You turned out like your mother and it seems you're getting closer with Vinci but also with Clyde," he stated.

I took a sip of wine but end up drinking it all and ordered a bartender to put a refill.

"First of all, Vinci is the person who helped me and he is a co-worker and second of all, I've been close with Clyde ever since but he can't bribe me to go to his side," I explained myself.

"Do you know what's happening to you out there?" he suddenly questioned.

"You are messed up child, I'm sorry for dying too early and now your brother is walking the same path as you. If I had just retired when you were born—I—Oh gosh," he added then started to cry and I can't help but cry too.

Tears started to from in my eyes and now it's streaming down my cheek.

He might be a figment of my imagination or not, it still hurts to see your old man cry.

But what did he mean 'retired' was he—a hero?

"Dad, are you a hero?" I can't help but ask.

He wiped his tears while nodding, damn he's still like a child which makes me giggle a little.

"Deborah, I need to tell you something before you wake up. I am Hunter, the hero who killed my own son's girlfriend and you know the reason why," he said and everything started to fade.

Wait, no! I still want to talk to him! There might be no next time—I looked at him once again and he started to fade and I saw him mouth the words, 'I love you'.

I gasped for air and coughed a little. My head again started to hurt and as soon as I saw my hands it was holding my substitute katana with blood all over it, same goes for my hands.

What the theft happened when I was unconscious? I looked at my surroundings and there were blood splattered on the ground and some of the ground was smashed. There was also a human being lying on the floor, not breathing.

I went over to look at the person and as I flip him over I couldn't believe who I saw.

My lust for blood is still active even though I was unconscious or someone is controlling me—Acy.

I carried Clyde and hurriedly ran to a hospital and as soon as I got there they took him and brought him to the emergency room and I just wait outside the room.

At first they asked me what happened to him but I just shook my head and told me to go to room 134 but I just wait outside the room.

A nurse then insisted for me to go to room 134 and so I did.

As I enter there was a doctor probably waiting for me and I don't know why and she examined me.

"Your head was hit by a metal object causing it to bleed but no worries, I'll patch it up for you but I need to shave half of your hair," he said and I just nodded. My head hurt and I thought it was just a headache but it was not.

She told me to lie down and be comfortably and I just nod and she started shaving half of my hair. I winced in pain because it was hurting more. I just hold the arm rest tight and closed my eyes.

A few hours went by and the side or half of my head was bandaged and I thanked her for healing it but also for not questioning my attire and my identity.

I asked her if Clyde is stable and she nodded and told me not worry about him for I brought him just in time.

"Are you partners? And both heroes?" she asked and I smiled.

"Oh no, I'm a villain but I did bring him here, maybe a vigilante," I said which made her shocked and I smiled to her again as I waved goodbye to her and walked out of the hospital.