Chapter 25: Solo

Deborah's POV

As I enter the house, I noticed everyone looked at me while I sat down at the couch. There was a cup of tea on the table so I helped myself to some.

"So, where's Acy?" I asked to know where she is obviously.

"She told me that she has gone to Canada to spread evil or make depressed people into villains," Vinci replied.

"What happened to you?" Kris asked while pouring more tea into my cup.

"Thanks, what do you think happened to me? I don't even know what was I doing when I was unconscious," I said and sipped some tea. Hayly looked at me weirdly then sighed.

"Deborah, you're covered in blood and it looks like your head was hit so hard. Who were you fighting anyway?" she asked.

"A friend of mine, I was doing a favor and then this happened. I need answers you know but sometimes you guys don't have the guts to tell me," I explained myself.

I saw Vinci glaring at me like I did something wrong since I entered the room he was glaring at me and haven't said a word on what he feels.

I excused myself so I can change into more comforting clothes and as I enter my room, I saw a box resting on my bed.

I closed my door and sat down on my bed and looked carefully at the box.

I shook it and it's definitely not a bomb. I opened it and a letter and heart-shaped chocolate was inside.

The letter says,

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for helping me even though you're a villain. I guess you're not that bad at all, maybe you're a vigilante after all. You just started on the wrong side.

Anyways, this chocolate is a token of appreciation and you still have to tell me if Acy is a robot or not, so why not meet me at Jollibee later at 7 PM and it's my treat.

Love,

Clyde J

I closed the letter and put it inside the drawer of my desk. I started eating the chocolate and thank goodness it's milk flavor. I tried but it won't come off, oh theft. I kept on trying but it's stuck on my face and it really hurts.

I first changed into a white hoodie and black leggings then wore my slippers and dashed out of my room and went to the guys.

"Help me," I said and they glanced at each other.

"Remove this mask off my face," I said and it looks like they don't believe me.

I went closer to Kris and I told him to try to remove the mask and he did but failed to remove it off my face.

Now everyone was shocked and they tried using their powers but some of their powers might destroy not only the mask but also my face.

Ace told me that it has attached to my face like a leech and I shivered to what she said.

"You have to stay calm Deborah and tell us who made that mask for you?" Ace asked and I looked at Kris but looked at the ground as soon I made eye contact with him.

"Acy put this on my face and then I fell unconscious. I woke up bleeding and my opponent was on the ground not breathing," I told them.

"Acy? When did you meet Acy?" Lester asked.

"The favor was to see if Acy is really a robot but it's not and she attacked me, strapped me, and probably controlled me," I told them and all of them were shocked.