Chapter 18: Let's Talk

Deborah's POV

[At Clyde's House]

The pain in my leg is getting worse so I excused myself to the bathroom and I remove my jeans revealing a very badly bruise, it was color maroon mixed with dark blue and a little black.

I then got the paste that Jade gave me (she said it will let the pain go away) from the back pocket of my jeans and spread it all over the bruise as I winced in pain. I put back my jeans carefully and slowly stood up and head out.

I quickly entered the living room where the gang is at including tita Jarisha and tito Jake. There was a box in the middle of the table and they motioned me to go and open it.

I quickly lifted the cover of the box and saw two photo albums, a brown envelope, and an almost burned teddy bear. I put back the cover which made everyone questioned my movement.

"I'll check it out when I get back home", I said as I go and sit down beside Lester. Tita Jarisha just nodded and got up from her seat and went to the kitchen.

No one is talking making the atmosphere pretty awkward. Just then tita came back with a tray full of biscuits and a cup of tea for everyone except for Alexandria and she got orange juice instead.

"Thanks to the tea and biscuits tita", he held up the cup of tea in his hand and drink some. "You are welcome", she smiled and took a bite out of her biscuit.

Suddenly tito Jake stood up and motioned me to follow him, I look at Clyde and he just shrugged and continued drinking.

I followed him to his office and theft, my leg feels so numb right now. He then told me to sit down. "Deborah", he said in a serious tone making me sit up straight.

"I still haven't let go of the fact you just buried your mother at the backyard of your house. I was curious when you said that, that I had to investigate", he said and brought out a file. Oh theft.

It was the same file I found at the lair of the disgusting creatures. "First of all, did you know that your mother used to be a villain?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"Tito Jake, what I said about my mom is true. Both me and Clyde buried her at my backyard and you obviously knew that I have no clue if my relatives are alive, dead, or it's just that they don't care about me and my mom at all. That's why me and Clyde just said our last message to her. I was scared and angry at that time, I don't know what to do", I told to me with almost tears falling out of my eyes.

"So you have no contact to your relatives whatsoever?" he asked and I nodded. "Well, I didn't believe you and Clyde because you both are kids who do pranks all the time but I guess this one is true."

Right, my and Clyde did prank people all the time including his parents and of course my mom but when they let me in their home, they were okay with it but I guess inside them, they were faking it.

"Let bygones be bygones", I humbly said and stood up and turned my back on him when he suddenly asked me, "Aren't you going to get this file?"

So I looked back and grabbed the file but something isn't just right here. My gut tells me that something definitely something is wrong but of course, I just shrugged it off.

I went back to the living room and saw Lester sleeping on the couch. I tapped him on the cheek but he still won't wake up and what better way to wake up a person is to slap them.

"What the—", Lester said while holding his cheek. "Seriously, you're a guest and where the theft are your manners?" I said to him.

He just looked at the said and mouthed, "I'm a villain." I just rolled my eyes at him and I told him that we are leaving.

I got the box and put the file inside then I bid farewell to the Yang family. I noticed that tito Jake is glaring at me. Where was his old attitude the time I slept in this house?

Lester was waiting for me in the car so I immediately rode at the front seat with him and put the stuff at the back.

"It seems that your leg is being healed", he started the engine and pressed the gas pedal.

"I guess it was the paste Jade me and it lasts for hours", I replied and turned on the radio and put it on my favorite station.

"You know that there is a Bluetooth option right?" Lester said but I still listened to the DJ speaking.

"5 men were found dead under K.C.A building and that explains the bad smell that has been around the building for a couple of months. The police are immediately investigating on who would kill these innocent men."

Lester unexpectedly stopped the car making me go forward and hit my head. Well, that's what you get for not wearing a seatbelt.

Those police are really so dumb. They just found out about the bodies today? How slow are they? Slower than a snail?!

"They just found about it?!" he screamed at the radio. Wow, that should be me but what's his problem.

"Like I said, 'Police are dumb that they can't do their job right and that's why heroes get more credit.' Just drive", I told him and he continued to drive of course.

(Please play the song 911 Nightcore version in this part.)

A song then played and Lester hummed the beat making me a little irritated that I lowered the window making me hear the wind and song at the same time.

I think that he likes to see the pain in my eyes

He knows that I'm lovesick

He kissed me and promised I will be alright

"We both know it's bull****", both me and Lester sang at the same time making us look at each other.

"Did you do that to your love one?" I suddenly asked as he looked back at his front.

"Not me but her. How about you?" he asked and I noticed he tighten his grip on the wheel.

"He of course did say and do it besides, I know someone is out there who is perfect for me", I told him.

Why my baby please me like a game

I'm not having fun

Nine-one want to have him

Why my heart is always aching

And I gotta be done cause

"With this one song you have memories flashing back in your mind like a mob", Lester said.

"The happy memories and the bad ones. Hehe, even that one part." he added.

I was curious so I asked, "What one part?"

He sighed and told me something I never heard of.

"The part where a hero used me to win the fight between us villains."