Chapter 2 ~ No Fangirling

"Loki? As in the Norse mythology, God of Mischief?" Brian asks unbelievingly.

We are currently in his lab right now. I always come right to his lab after school. He is the owner of Woodlum Industries. Not everyone here knows about me, but some do. Brian has a specific lab set out for me so I can use it to train, to check my vitals, or if I get injured then to heal too.

Brian has been with me ever since I got my powers. He helped me control it and also discovers new things about my abilities such as phasing which is if I vibrate my molecules fast enough I can pass through objects. Although I haven't exactly mastered it yet.

"Yeah," I answer him as I drop the file Coulson gave me in front of him. "I remember my mom reading me a bedtime story of him and his brother Thor."

Brian takes the file and looks through it. "So Loki stole an object called the Tesseract, a very powerful weapon from space, that SHIELD wants you to help get back?"

"Pretty much," I say as I walk over to him and view the file once again from over his shoulder.

He picks up the info on the people I will be working with and views that. "And you're working with two master assassins, a guy with anger management issues, a god, an arrogant billionaire, and a super-soldier."

"That's a good way to sum it up." I laugh.

Brian turns in his chair to face me. "Why are you doing this?"

"Well because first off, Agent Barton has been compromised, and secondly, Captain frickin' America is on the team. I'm not giving up an opportunity to meet him."

Brian laughs. "You're such a fangirl."

"Not as much as Coulson." I point out.

"So when do you start?"

"Whenever Loki makes his move and I'm called in."

My stomach then growls loudly. I look at Brian and laugh nervously.

"I'm actually really hungry," I tell him.

"As usual." He mutters.

Another thing about my powers, if my glucose levels are really low then I pass out from total metabolic failure brought on by acute hypoglycemia. In other words for you non-scientific people, if I don't eat enough I pass out and I eat a lot.

"I'm already ahead of you," Brian says as his fellow scientists come in with five boxes of pizza, placing them on the table and then walking back out.

"Yes!" I go over and take four of the five boxes, leaving one for Brian.

I start digging in as Brian speaks to me.

"Well if you're going on this mission then you need to do three things," Brian says.

"Which are?" I ask with food in my mouth.

"Number one, listen to whoever is in charge. Number two, be mature. You're the youngest there and they will probably think you're just some kid unless you show them you can be mature." I nod as he says this and continue eating, already on the second box of pizza. "And finally number three, no fangirling."

"Oh c'mon," I whine. "Why not?"

"Because you might creep them out."

He did have a point, but that is going to be so hard to do.

I groan. "Fine. I'll try not to fangirl." I say as I finish the rest of the pizza.

Just then my phone rings. I look at the caller ID to see it's Phil.

"What's up Coulson?" I ask him when I answer the phone.

"You're needed in Stuttgart, Germany. Loki's been spotted there." He tells me.

"On my way," I say and hang up. I look at Brian and smile widely. "Loki's been spotted in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm gonna meet Captain America." I start dancing.

Brian laughs. "Go be the hero I know you are."

I stop dancing and hug him. Then I run out and come back in with my suit on within seconds.

"I'll see you later Brian." I give him one last hug before I put on my mask and start running towards Germany.

When I get there I see Loki throw Captain America to the ground. I run up and throw a speed punch at him, causing him to fly back.

I look at Cap and smile. "Sorry I took so long Captain. I kinda got lost... twice." I try my hardest not to fangirl or faint as a matter of fact. Captain America was literally right in front of me on the ground.

He looks at me with a shocked face. "You're just a kid." He says.

I smile at him. "Thank you Captain Obvious."

I hold out my hand to help him up and he takes it. We look back at Loki to see him recovering and get up.

He looks at me. "Oh look it's the speedster. A kid who can run faster than the speed of sound."

I furrow my brows. "What, are you stalking me now?"

Loki sends a blast my way from his scepter. I lean to the right to dodge it effortlessly.

I fake a yawn. "You're gonna have to try harder than that."

I crack my knuckles and run around Loki super fast while hitting him. I keep moving around him so he won't be able to hit me. I continue to hit him as I keep running around him.

"Enough!" Loki yells and bangs his scepter to the ground causing me to fly back because of the force.

I skid across the ground and groan. Loki comes up to me and points his scepter at my face, ready to blast me until Cap throws his shield at Loki, diverting his attention to him. They start fighting it out as I get up. Loki throws Cap down on the ground once again and I'm about to attack when I hear 'Shoot to Thrill' by AC/DC blast from the jet above us. I look up and see Tony Stark in his Iron Man suit come flying down and blasts Loki, making him fly back and hit the stairs. Tony lands and aims every weaponry in his armor at Loki.

"Make a move Reindeer Games," Tony says in a metallic voice due to his face mask.

Cap and I make it to either side of Tony as Loki raise his hands in surrender and his armor shimmers away.

"Good move," Tony says and retracts all the weapons in his suit.

"Mr. Stark." Cap and I say in unison as we greet Tony.

"Captain, Speedy." He nods to us.

The jet lands and Tony gets Loki up, taking him inside the jet. Cap and I follow walking alongside each other, but not saying a word because I'm too deep in my thoughts.

'This was too easy. What kind of villain gives up that easily? Something's up and I better figure it out fast before it's too late.'

A/n: I might start putting memes or chapter questions at the end of these. Idk, but anyway thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment and vote. Peace! ✌🏽❤️