Chapter 25 ~ Liar!

Steve's POV

*Thump*

What was the name of that damn song?

*Thump, thump*

The only time we listened to music was when we met up a few months ago.

*Thump*

The night at her house.

*Thump, thump*

I punch the bag off the hook and through the wall. The sand starts pouring out of it. I slump down against the wall and put my face in my hands. I need to remember. I need to start with the last thing I remember from that night.

F L A S H B A C K

6 months ago

I ring the doorbell and knock on the door to (Y/n)'s house.

"Steve!" (Y/n) engulfs me in a hug once she sees it's me at the door.

"Hey kiddo." We pull away and I ruffle her hair.

"Come in, come in. Dinner's almost ready."

I walk into the house and take in the details. It's a really nice house, better than my apartment for sure.

"I'm sorry you had to come here. My parents asked me to have you over, I know you could be doing other things." (Y/n) says.

"No, no it's fine. I had no plans tonight or any other night for that matter. Besides, who doesn't like a home-cooked meal?" I flash her a smile and she smiles back.

We walk into the dining room and take our seats at the table.

"Steve, this is my dad. Dad, this is Steve." (Y/n) introduces me.

"(F/n) (L/n)." Her dad introduces himself.

"Steve Rogers."

We stand up to shake each other's hands and take our seats once again. A lady, most likely (Y/n)'s mom, comes in with the food and sets it on the table. She goes back to the kitchen and brings out more food before finally taking her seat at the table. There's baked mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, string beans, corn, ribs, baked and fried chicken, spaghetti, and garlic bread.

"Mom, Steve, Steve my mom." (Y/n) introduces once again.

"Ma'am." I nod my head towards her. She gives me a welcoming smile.

"Shall we say grace?" Mr. (L/n) says.

We bow our heads as Mrs. (L/n) leads us in prayer. "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for everything you have done for us. We thank you for family, for friends, and most of all we want to thank you for this food. In Jesus' name, Amen."

"Amen." We say in response.

"Thank god, I'm starving." (Y/n) fills her plate with food and eat like there's no tomorrow.

"Slow down or you'll choke," I warn as I fill my plate with food.

Mrs. (L/n) chuckles. "She's always been like that. Even as a little girl."

"Remember when she performed her first solo in front of everyone when she was in 3rd grade?" Mr. (L/n) asks.

"You mean where she had to sing 'This Little Light of Mine' but pissed her pants and ran off the stage?" Mrs. (L/n) asks.

"Mom!" (Y/n) yells. I hide a laugh as I continue eating my food.

"You know, Steve, she always talks about you all the time and how great you are. Even when she was little she was obsessed with Captain America. She would never leave the house without wearing that costume and bringing that shield." Her mom tells me.