Chapter 16 ~ Doctor, doctor, give me the news

I cough as I look around. People are screaming as they're running out of the building. There's fire everywhere and the building is completely ruined.

I try to get up but cry out as I feel a sharp pain in my leg. I look down to see that parts of the ceiling collapsed on my leg. I try to phase through it but the pain is unbearable and I cry out once again.

"(Y/n)!" Steve yells out.

"I'm over here!" I yell back and go into a nasty coughing fit.

Steve comes over to me in a hurry. He sees my leg is caught under all the debris and lifts it up for me. I don't even glance at my leg because I have a feeling I'll throw up if I do.

"Climb on my back," Steve says as he crouches down near me. I wrap my arms around his neck and he stands to his full height, grabbing my legs, but making sure not to put pressure on the injured one.

Steve runs into the middle of the room as everyone else makes their way there too. We're all dirty and covered in dust, smoke, and blood.

"Alright guys. Get your head in the game." Clint says.

"Is now really the time to be making a HSM reference?" I ask.

"There's always a time to make a HSM reference."

Natasha looks at my leg and winces. "(Y/n) what happened?"

"Ceiling fell on me during the explosion," I reply and break out into another coughing fit.

"Guys," Bruce says, catching our attention. "We have company." We all snap our attention to the entrance of the building.

We see agents starting to pile in. Man these guys are persistent.

"No coincidence that they come after announcing (Y/n)'s identity. They're most likely after her." Clint says glaring at Tony.

"I'll get JARVIS to get us a jet," Tony says, slurring his words a bit. He holds his hand out to call his suit. He's still slightly drunk.

"Natasha I need you to get Bruce out of here. Clint you help the civilians get to a safe place away from here." Steve gets into his Captain America mode.

"Shouldn't I be leaving too?" I ask.

"No you're staying here with me and Tony to help fight these guys off. You may not be able to walk but you can still catch bullets and help me fight them off."

"Doesn't that put me more at risk of getting captured? What if I fall off your back?"

"Stop arguing with me and do what you're told!" Steve snaps at me. 'Jeez he sounds like my mom.' "Now everybody knows what they're doing so go!" He yells as the agents start shooting.

"You know I'm kinda tired of getting my ass blown up and being shot at!" I yell as the bullets go by us.

Tony, now in his Iron Man suit, flies in front of us blasting the agents. Some of the agents come and surround us.

"Hold on!" Steve yells over the commotion. He dodges bullets, I catch some before they hit us both. He kicks an agent in the stomach, turns around and punches the guy behind him. He puts another in a wrist lock making him drop his gun. Steve picks it up and immediately starts shooting.

More agents pile in. Tony helps him out by sending blasts their way.

"Civilians are cleared," Clint says running back in. "You need any help?"

"What does it look like?!" Steve says as he sends a roundhouse kick to a guy's face.

Clint joins in helping Steve take the agents down. I close my eyes as the pain in my leg gets worse. I then feel an agonizing pain in my side. I look down to see a bullet wound where my ribs are before passing out due to blood loss.