Chapter 7 ~ Soldier vs. Speedster

"(Y/n)." I hear someone call. I can't tell who it was due to the ringing in my ears. "(Y/n) I need you to wake up." The voice sounds urgent.

I groan and my eyes flutter open. My vision is blurry for a few seconds until it focuses, the ringing in my ears subsides. I look around alarmed remembering what happened. The explosion made me crash into Steve and we both fell side by side since we were standing next to each other. Steve was already on his feet and is trying to get me up.

"I'm okay," I say as Steve literally picks me up and places me back on my feet. He holds me steady as I wobble a bit.

Steve nods and turns to Stark. "Put on the suit!"

"Yep!" Tony groans as Steve helps him up and out of the lab.

I walk out of the room in the opposite direction they headed. I have no idea where I'm going or what to do, but maybe someone needs my help. I see two agents up ahead, looking a little lost so I walk up to them.

"Hey you guys need help?" I ask them. They turn their attention to me, aiming the guns in their hands at me and fire. "Oh shit." Everything around me slows down as I catch the bullets that are about to hit me.

Well it's more like I'm moving really fast that it looks like time is slowing down, but you get the point. I then walk up to the agents and take their guns. Time starts running normally again and the agents look down to see their weapons are gone.

"Looking for these?" I wave the guns in front of them, then aim it at them and shoot. Now I didn't kill them, I only injured them to the point where they can't get up. I discard the guns and continue down the hall, taking down the bad agents left and right.

As I continue walking down the hall I pass the detention center where Loki is being held and then that's when it hit me.

'This is part of Loki's scheme.'

I peek inside the room and see Thor in the cell instead of Loki and we make eye contact. He shakes his head indicating me to stay back and I nod. I listen closely, hearing only footsteps then I see the chute open under the cage Thor is in.

'He's not actually going to drop his brother, is he?' As if he read my thoughts the cage drops, Loki actually pressed the button.

I then hear a weak voice say, "You're gonna lose." It's Phil.

"Am I?" I hear Loki question.

"It's in your nature."

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky... where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction."

"I don't think I—" Loki is cut off by a loud blast. I peek into the room and see he is blown through a wall. I smile but it fades as I look at Phil. 'That's why Thor told me to stay back. I could've ended up like Phil if I didn't.'

"Phil!" I rush over, kneeling in front of him. He was stabbed right in the middle of his chest. "I'm going to get you out of this just stay with me." Tears well up in my eyes.

"No." His weak voice manages to say. "It's the end of the line for me... it was meant to happen."

"Don't talk like that, I can get you the help you need and..."

"(Y/n)..." He cuts me off and looks right into my eyes, "It's alright, I want this... just promise me you'll stop that son of a bitch."

I nod, tears slowly running down my face, "I promise."

Loki laughs from right behind me, making me jump. I wipe my tears and turn to face him.

"Such a shame." He casually says with no remorse.