Chapter 18 ~ NERF WAR!

Steve's POV

"It's been a whole week and she's still moping around. I say we do something." Clint whispers to all of us.

We are all currently in the living room chilling on the couch. (Y/n) is still in her room, but could walk in at any time.

"Give her time to grieve. I acted the same way when I lost my mother." I say as I flip through the daily newspaper.

"You don't get over something like that in a week Clint," Bruce adds.

"But it's not the same without her happily running around the tower." Clint whines.

"I agree with Robin Hood. I think we should do something about it. We'll call it Operation...something." Tony says.

"How about Operation Make (Y/n) Happy?" Nat suggests.

"No that's too long."

Clint rolls his eyes and leans in, getting straight to the point. "We can worry about the name later. So what's the plan?"

"Let's just do things that we know will make her happy." Nat shrugs.

Tony jumps up from the couch suddenly, startling us a bit. I peak out behind my newspaper and give him a weird look.

"I have an idea!"

                                                                                           ...

We're all in our positions, hiding behind any piece of furniture we could. I'm hiding behind the couch while the rest are scattered somewhere nearby.

(Y/n) comes sulking into the room and looks around confusedly, wondering where everybody's at. We all jump up from our hiding spots at once, startling her. That's when we all start shooting our nerf guns. (Y/n) recovers from her state of shock in time to dodge all the incoming bullets at her until we all ran out.

She looks at us with wide eyes, all of us having big grins plastered on our faces. "What the—"

"NERF WAR!" Tony yells, throwing her an extra nerf gun he had.

She catches it effortlessly and looks at us with a flat look. "You guys are so immature."

Clint shrugs. "You know you love us."

A small grin comes to (Y/n)'s face for the first time in a week.

"Okay so here's the deal," Tony says, getting everyone's attention. "We're gonna be on teams to make it easier."

"I call Steve!" (Y/n) yells.

"I call Clint!"

"I call Bruce!"

Natasha and Tony yell simultaneously in that order.

"So we have our teams, now we just need our ammo," Bruce says.

We divide all the bullets that they shot at me up evenly so each team has the same amount. Each of us with an ammo belt around our waist.

"Alright Avengers..." I say, looking around at all of them. "Let's go to war." I ready my gun.

"We have 100 seconds to hide before anyone can start walking around and shooting," Tony says before we all disperse. "If you're hit then you're dead. Got it?" He asks us. All of us nod at him. He turns to Bruce. "Let's go Bruce."

Tony and Bruce go off in one direction, Nat and Clint in another, while (Y/n) and I stay in the same area.

"Where do we want to hide at?" I ask her.