Chapter 8 ~ Tony Stark really does have a heart

Your POV

I jolt awake, sweat dripping down my face as I breathe heavily. I feel a pair of strong hands push me gently back onto the bed. I look to my right and see Steve sitting in a chair next to my bed in regular clothes and gives me a small smile. I notice that my right hand is cuffed to the bed and I'm not in my uniform anymore, but in regular clothes too.

"Take it easy (Y/n)," Steve says softly. I probably look like I'm crazy right now. "How much do you remember?"

"Bits and pieces," I answer him, my voice cracking when I speak. "I remember you punching the shit out of me."

Steve grabs a glass of water from the table beside me and helps me drink. "Sorry about that." He places the glass on the table again.

"I'm so gonna kill a bitch," I say as I stare at the ceiling. "Do you have any idea what it feels like? To be used as a puppet and all you can do is just watch." I turn my head to look at him. Steve just stays silent and avoids my eyes, not knowing what to say. "How many?"

"Don't do that to yourself (Y/n)," Steve says, looking at me with sad eyes.

"How many?" I ask him again with urgency in my voice.

"You didn't. We stopped you before you could. The most you did was send agents to the infirmary." Steve answers.

I stare up at the ceiling. "What kind of gun was that, that you had in your hand?" I ask him, squinting my eyes as I relive the memory.

"A speedster gun," Steve replies.

"What?!" I sit up with a start. I feel a sharp pain go through my leg and look down to see my leg is bandaged. I wince in pain.

"Easy. You were shot in your leg, it's gonna take time to heal." Steve tries to push me back down.

"I remember that, but that isn't gonna stop me from having a few words with Fury. I can't believe he has that kind of weapon here." I vibrate my hand through the cuff and get ready to stand up to confront Fury.

Steve firmly grips my shoulders and pushes me back down, pinning me to the bed. "I know you're mad, but be reasonable right now."

I huff and rub my face with both hands. Steve slowly let's go of me.

"You're right." I look at him and give him a small smile. "Thank you."

He nods and smirks. "You're welcome."

"How long was I out?"

"About an hour."

I look closely at Steve's face to see he has a busted lip and a bruise on his right cheek.

I sit up in the bed and reach to touch his lip. He flinches at the contact and I retract my hand, thinking I crossed some boundaries.

"Did I do that?" I ask him, guilt written all over my face.

He nods as he looks me in the eyes. He takes my hand and places it on his bruised cheek. I touch it ever so softly and then move my hand down to his busted lip before slowly retracting my hand once again.

He looks at me like he wants to say something, but can't find the right words.

"What is it Steve?" I ask him.

"Agent Coulson. He's..." He starts.

"Yeah. I know." I look away from him as tears start to form in my eyes again, but I don't let them fall.

I stand up and start to walk out, but Steve grabs my wrist to hold me back.

"Where are you going? You need to rest your leg." He says sternly.