Chapter 17 ~ Please don't leave me

'I swear to Thor I'm going to kill somebody.'

Steve comes into my room yelling, "Rise 'n shine!" As he shakes me to wake up.

'Rise 'n shine my ass! There's nothing good about getting up early in the morning.'

I groan and swat his hands away. I hear him sigh in defeat so thinking I won, I drift off to sleep again but he does the worst possible thing ever... he tickles me.

I start laughing uncontrollably as I try to push his hands off me but it's no use. "S-s-stop," I say through the giggles.

"Are you going to get up?" Steve stops and smiles at me.

"Nope." He begins tickling me again. "A-alright you w-win!" I yell as I giggle and he stops.

He laughs. "Alright hurry up. I'm driving you to school."

He helps me out of bed, getting me up on my feet.

"Why do I have to go to school?" I whine, burying my face into his stomach. "I'm fucking tired—"

"Language!"

"—and only got two hours of sleep due to that party incident. Oh and to top it all off I'm still injured." My muffled voice says into his stomach.

"You're going because it's the law and because I said so."

I groan very loudly. 'I hate it when parents say that.'

Steve hands me my crutches and heads to the door. "If you need any help call Natasha." He says. I nod and he closes the door to let me get ready.

I got a shower last night with the help of Natasha so I just carefully throw some clothes on, brush my teeth, do my hair, grab my backpack, and then walk out into the living room where Steve is waiting for me.

"You ready?" He asks, looking back at me from the couch.

"Physically, not mentally." I'm never mentally ready for school.

Steve laughs as he gets up from the couch. "Let's go."

We go to the elevator, taking it down to the garage part of the tower. We walk out of the elevator and I notice Steve isn't walking to his motorcycle.

"Isn't your motorcycle over there?" I point in the direction of his bike.

"You're on crutches. You really think I'm going to put you on a motorcycle?" He walks up to one of Tony's expensive cars.

"Tony is so going to kill you."

"Not if he doesn't find out." He gives me a mischievous smirk and opens the door to the passenger side for me to get in.

"I think I'm rubbing off on you." I get in and Steve closes the door after me. He goes on the other side to get in the driver's seat.

He looks at me, "I think you are." He starts the car and drives off.

Once I get to school Steve parks the car and gets out to help me.

"Damn it Steve." I wince as he tries to help me out of the car but I hit my leg on the door.

"Sorry." He closes the door behind me once I'm fully out. "I'll pick you up at two." He gives me a hug.

"My leg will be healed by then. There's no need." I pull away from him.

"I'll pick you up at two." He repeats, giving me a stern look.

I hold my hands up in surrender. "Got it. Two o'clock."