Chapter 11 ~ One Call Away

"C'mon guys!" I yell standing outside the Shawarma place Tony was speaking of.

They were all walking so slow. We were all still in our suits, well except Tony since he can take his off whenever he wants, and very dirty.

"How can you still have this much energy after that fight?" Clint asks as he trudged over to me.

"When it comes to food I'm always excited. I'm starving now, come on!" I take a step forward, but then my leg collapses.

Thankfully Steve catches me before I hit the ground. Now that all the adrenaline is gone I can feel all the pain in my leg. 'Stupid Chitauri.'

Steve sees the gash on my leg, "When did that happen?"

"Like maybe thirty minutes ago, but I'm fine." I push myself off him and try to walk in the place, but collapse once again, my face would've collided with the pavement if it wasn't for Steve.

"You're not fine." Steve looks at me sadly. I hate it when he's sad. He looks like a puppy. An adorable, muscular puppy.

"Just give it a few hours," I say through the pain. Honestly I just want my food. "You can help me walk, but I seriously want to eat or I'll die from starvation."

Steve's face lightens up at the sound of him helping me. I wrap an arm around his narrow waist, like seriously this man has the narrowest waist ever with some broad ass shoulders. He reminds me of a Dorito. He puts an arm around my shoulder as he helps me walk inside, with everyone else behind us.

We order our food and I start eating right away. They had to order me six plates of food and even then I was still hungry. Thor is also chowing down like there was no tomorrow along with me, Tony is munching on some food while staring at a wall, Bruce has his plate up to his mouth while eating, Clint and Natasha were done, Clint had his legs up on her chair, and Steve had his elbow on the table while leaning his face onto his hand, looking so done.

"How are you not fat?" Nat asks while looking at me still eating. I take the rest of Steve's leftovers knowing he isn't gonna finish.

"Fast metabolism." I smile and shove more food in my mouth.

I look at the tv to see the mother I saved earlier and her two kids on the news. "There was this girl. She can run really fast in a blink of an eye, she saved me and my children. I don't care what people think of these heroes, they saved us and I would like to say thank you." I smile knowing that she and her kids are safe.

                                                                                        ...

We all meet up in Central Park a few hours later. All of us were cleaned up and wearing normal clothes. The gash on my leg healed an hour ago. Thor and Loki were in the center of the area. Loki is handcuffed and muzzled as he should be. Selvig takes out a glass cylinder from the truck. Tony places the case he has in his hand on the ground and opens it, revealing the Tesseract. Bruce takes the cube with some tongs and places it inside the glass cylinder.

Thor smiles as he shakes hands with everybody. He came over to me and I gave him a hug. I look over and see Nat whisper something to Clint which makes him smile.

Thor holds the cylinder with the Tesseract in it, out to Loki who grabs the other end of it. Thor nods to us as he twists the device and the two vanish into the sky as we all look up. Now it was time for the rest of us to say goodbye.

I walk over to Clint and Natasha. I give them both a hug. I'm surprised Nat hugged back, I didn't expect her to. Honestly I thought she would snap my neck.

"You take care of yourself okay," Clint says.

I smile at him and nod. "Always do Bird Brain." He smiles and messes up my hair.

I turn to Nat. "You're a good kid, very mature for your age. It was a pleasure working with you. Having another girl on this team is... nice. Especially with all the testosterone." Nat says to me. I laugh a bit.

I make my way next, over to Tony and Bruce who are standing by a sports car. I admire the car and go to touch it but Tony slaps my hand away.

"No touching." He says. Jeez it's just a car. A really nice expensive car that I wanna touch. I shake my head, 'Egotistical son of a Nazi.'

I give Bruce a hug, he hugs back. I turn my attention to Tony. He gives me a fist pump instead of a hug. He probably thinks he's too good for hugs. Everybody starts leaving in pairs, Clint and Natasha climb into a SHIELD car, Bruce and Tony climb into the sports car and they drive away which leaves me and Steve. I turn my attention to him, he smiles at me, I return it. I walk over, giving him a big hug.

"Sir, how does it work now? They've gone their separate ways, some pretty extremely far. We get into a situation like this again, what happens then?"

"Just know I'm only one call away," I say, holding up his phone that I swiped from his pocket. I hand it back to him with my contact information in it.

"They'll come back."

He has a big toothy grin on his face. "Your abilities cease to amaze me."

I smile brightly at him and give him one final hug.

"You really sure about that?"

I watch as he climbs onto his motorcycle. He looks back, giving me one final smile before starting the engine and takes off.

"I am."

I look around the park, taking in every detail. Smiling at the fresh air and alien free New York.

"Why?"

I speed off, running as fast as I could. I feel the wind hit my face as I run back to my parents, back home.

"Because we'll need them to."

A/n: I know this chapter was really short, but here's a meme tho

So this marks the end of the Avengers plot and will now be moving into my own little plot before the next movie

So this marks the end of the Avengers plot and will now be moving into my own little plot before the next movie. Thanks for reading and until next time! Peace! ✌🏽❤️