Chapter 4 ~ Childhood Hero

The jet lands and the door opens. Loki is immediately cuffed and taken away. I step out of the jet along with everyone else as I look around amazed.

"What exactly are we on?" I ask no one in particular.

"A SHIELD helicarrier." Nat answers.

"Awesome," I say and take off to explore the place, coming back within seconds.

"Where'd you go?" Steve furrows his brow.

"I gave myself a tour of the place. I always do this when I go to a new place." I smile cheekily at him.

We make our way inside to the bridge. Everyone gathers around the table, but Stark who went off to who knows where. Steve sits down, taking off his helmet and I sit next to him, taking my mask off, Natasha sitting across from us. Thor remains standing near the table. A man with a purple shirt, curly black hair, and nerdy glasses walks in the room, leaning on the chair next to me.

"Dr. Banner it's nice to meet you," I say holding my hand out for him to shake.

"You too." He smiles, shaking my hand. "Speedy, right?"

"The one and only," I reply with a smirk.

We turn our attention to the monitor that shows us the live feed of Loki's cage. "In case it's unclear," Fury starts and walks over to a control panel full of buttons, "you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass," he presses a button showing Loki the view of the sky and the drop that he'll take if he pisses Fury off, "30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" He presses another button closing the gap. "Ant," He gestures to Loki, "Boot." He gestures to the panel.

Loki laughs. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh I've heard," Loki says smiling at the camera.

I look at Bruce. "He's such a diva." I scoff quietly however Bruce and Steve heard because they smirk at my comment.

"How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you." I zone back in to hear Loki speak.

"How desperate am I? You threatened my world with war, you steal a force that you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

At this point I stopped listening. I speed off to grab paper and come back. Nobody seems to notice I went away which is good. I start to do origami, I want to make a paper bird. As I am folding the paper I see out of the corner of my eye that Steve is watching what I'm making. Once I'm done making the bird I fiddle with it in my hands.

"Well let me know if real power wants a magazine or something," Fury says, walking away as Loki walks towards the camera when the monitor turns off.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce says sarcastically. I nod my head in agreement.

"Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor what's his play?" Steve looks at Thor.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect the Tesseract."

"Hm," I say, not really paying much attention.

"(Y/n) are you even listening?" Steve asks.

"Hm." I continue to fiddle with the paper bird.