Chapter 19 ~ Nicknames

Steve's POV

"Where the hell is she?" I mumble as I pace back and forth in the training room.

"Probably still sleeping," Nat answers, hearing me talking to myself. "It is only..." She looks up at the clock on the wall. "...nine in the morning."

Clint, who's twiddling with one of his arrows, mutters, "Kids."

"JARVIS," I call out to the AI, looking up to the ceiling.

"Yes Captain?" JARVIS answers.

"Where's (Y/n)?"

"Ms. (L/n) is in her room Captain."

I look at Nat who just smirks back at me. "Told ya."

I roll my eyes and walk out of the room, towards the elevator. I get in the elevator and take it to the floor our rooms are on. I walk to her room and knock on her door.

"(Y/n)!" I call out as I knock on the door.

No response.

"(Y/n)!" I bang on the door harder in case she didn't hear the first time.

Again nothing.

I sigh and open her door ever so slightly to peek in. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me and I push the door open wider.

'I know her parents were murdered and she's still depressed, but I didn't think she would do this!'

Right in front of me is (Y/n), hanging from a noose. I run over to her, tears stinging my eyes and threatening to fall at any moment. Once I'm by her side I prepare to take the noose from around her neck, but then her arm shoots up and grabs my wrist.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!" I jump back, screaming.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!" She screams too, taking the noose from around her neck.

The two of us continue screaming and she comes over in front of me, taking my hands into hers.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!" I yell at her once the two of us are done screaming and she's laughing at my reaction. I release my hands from her hold.

Tony and Bruce rush into the room. Tony with both of his blasters from his Iron Man suit ready and Bruce with a baseball bat.

"What's going on in here?" Bruce asks, looking around frantically.

Tony looks around too, his blasters at the ready and aiming all around the room. His eyes settle on the noose hanging from the ceiling and he laughs, putting his arms down.

"What? What's so funny?" Bruce asks, not noticing the noose.

I pinch the bridge of my nose. "(Y/n) thought it was funny to prank me and fake her death," I say, sending the girl a side glare.

"That's what you get for waking me up." She says, smiling in triumph.

Tony chuckles. "What gave you this idea in the first place?"

"I saw it in a musical, not sure which one though." She says as she tries to think of the name.

I sigh, exasperatedly. "Am I the only one that doesn't find this funny?"

I look between Tony and (Y/n), who are not even trying to hide their laughter. I then look at Bruce, hoping he's on my side with this, but I find him snickering at this too. That was until I gave him a dirty look.

I sigh once again and turn towards (Y/n). "You were supposed to report for training fifteen minutes ago."

(Y/n) looks at her phone. "Actually it was seventeen minutes ago."