Chapter 5 ~ Storytime

"Storytime! The man in the spandex suit..."

"(Y/n)." Steve raises a brow.

"Alright fine."

F L A S H B A C K

9 Years Ago

"Alright children your parents will be here soon so it's time to clean up." Ms. Harlem, my kindergarten teacher's voice rang out.

It was my first day of kindergarten and it was over in the blink of an eye. We all cleaned up while the parents started piling in. One by one everyone left, everyone but me. I was waiting for my dad to pick me up like he said he would. A man with dirty blond hair in a black suit with a pair of shades on walks into the room.

"I'm here for (Y/n)." The man's voice was really deep.

"Oh are you Mr. (L/n)?" Ms. Harlem asks.

"No, but I'm a friend of his. He asked me to pick her up. He's really busy at work and doesn't have time to get her." The man takes his shades off to reveal his light green eyes. He looks at me with a warm smile and waves at me. I slowly wave back at him.

"Oh yes I remember now. You're Brandon. I forgot her father called saying you were going to pick her up." Ms. Harlem apologizes.

Brandon smiles, "It's no problem." He turns his attention to me, "(Y/n) are you ready to go?" I nod and he holds out his hand for me to take. I cautiously walk over to him and take his hand. He looks back to Ms. Harlem, "Have a nice day."

"You too." She says after us as we leave.

We walk silently out of the school to a black Sedan. He opens the back door for me and I climb in. There was another man in the back with me that was also wearing a black suit and shades.

"Don't mind him. He's just here for the ride." Brandon assures me. I nod and stare out the window as he pulls off. We sit there in silence, the only sound is the music coming from the radio. I may be only five but I know the way to my house and once I realize we weren't going there I speak up.

"You missed the turn." My small voice pipes up. Brandon doesn't say anything. He continues staring at the road, his warm smile is gone from his face. All that's left is an icy cold glare. I begin to panic and go to open the car door in the back but the man in the seat next to me grabs me and puts a needle in my neck. Before I could scream, darkness overcame me.

My eyelids feel so heavy. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I manage to open my eyes but close them again because of the bright lights. I open my eyes again to get them accustomed to the light and look around to realize I'm tied to a chair in the middle of a bright room. There was a door in front of me and some machines all around me.

I remember what happened and start to silently cry. I want my mommy and daddy. I don't know how long I was in that room, maybe a few hours, until a man finally walks in with a wide smirk on his face.

"Don't cry princess, I'll only make it quick." He says when he sees the tears running down my face. He pulls out a syringe from his pocket with some green liquid in it.

I start to squirm in the chair. "Stay away from me!" I scream.

This only makes the man laugh as he continues to make his way towards me. He sticks the needle in my arm where one of my veins is so the serum can flow quicker in my bloodstream. I cry out in pain, I can feel the serum working its way through my bloodstream. The man puts the syringe away and walks out of the room, leaving me to cry in pain.