Chapter 22 ~ Honey, I Shrunk (Y/n)

"So what are the Science Bros up to today?" I ask as I walk into the lab.

Tony and Bruce look up from their work. "(Y/n). Just the person we wanted to see."

"For what?" I make my way to them.

"Jolly Green and I may have found a way for you to become faster." Tony holds up a vial with blue liquid in it.

"Really?!" My eyes are full of excitement.

"Tony I'm not sure if it's done yet," Bruce says.

"Nonsense!" Tony reassures and throws the vial to me which I catch effortlessly. "Drink up."

I look at Bruce who's staring back nervously and then look at Tony who's gesturing to me to drink it. I shrug and drink the substance. 'What's the worst that could happen?'

Steve's POV

"Avengers, we have a problem in the lab. Get down here ASAP!" Tony's voice rings through my room. I sigh as I close my book and leave my room. 'What did you do this time, Stark?'

I make my way down to the lab. I hear things crashing and yelling even before I make it to the lab. This makes me worried and I run in to see what the chaos is all about.

"Tony what's wrong?" I ask as I burst through the lab doors. The whole team is already there before me.

"That's what's wrong!" Clint yells and points to a naked toddler Bruce is holding out in front of him.

I furrow my brows, noticing one person missing. "Where's (Y/n)?" I ask cautiously.

"That is (Y/n)!" Nat yells, pointing to the toddler.

"How is that possible?" Thor asks.

"Tony and I made a substance to make her run faster but instead it turned her into a toddler," Bruce explains.

Tony, who is standing in the corner of the lab, finally decides to speak up. "This is like that movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." He mutters.

"Except it would be called Honey, I Shrunk (Y/n) but you didn't shrink her, you turned her into a baby!" Clint yells.

Tony shrugs, "Same thing, she became smaller."

"No it's not!"

"Enough!" I yell, silencing the argument. I look at Bruce who's still holding a toddler size (Y/n). "Is that permanent?"

"Oh I sure hope not," Tony says.

"Shut up!" Everyone yells in unison.

"Can't you see you've already done enough?" Natasha asks.

"Me? Bruce helped me create the serum too!"

"I told you it wasn't finished and look what happened." Bruce retorts. He turns to face me. "It should wear off by tomorrow... hopefully."

"Hopefully?" Clint questions.

"It could take a little longer, but I'm not sure. The real question is, who's gonna take care of her until it does?"

"That shouldn't be up for debate. You did this so you take care of her." Clint says, crossing his arms.

"What if she makes him Hulk-out? And we know Tony isn't exactly a people's person." Natasha says.

"I am a people's person, just not a baby person." Tony corrects.

"Why don't we let (Y/n) choose?" Bruce suggests. The toddler, wiggling in his arms, trying to run away. He sets her down and she immediately starts running around the lab.