Chapter 21 ~ You shot me?!

"Oof." Steve throws me down on my back on the training mat.

"Rule number 1: Never take your eyes off your opponent," Steve says as he circles me.

"No fair! Clint distracted me."

"Rule number 2: Don't get distracted so easily."

We got right back to training the next day just like Steve said we would and I'm getting schooled, badly. It's not easy taking down a super-soldier with a power dampening watch on that restricts me to use my speed. A little design Stark hooked up because apparently "I won't always have my powers to rely on" according to Steve.

"I'll take it from here, Cap," Clint says as he walks over and looks down at me.

Steve nods and goes to stand on the sidelines with Natasha, who's just here to watch.

Clint helps me up. "Steve." He says to him and gestures to the power dampening watch.

Steve throws the key which Clint catches and then takes the watch off. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"There's a difference between having powers and having precision," Clint says and throws the key back to Steve along with the watch.

My brows furrow in confusion. "Where is this coming from?" I ask cautiously.

"Living this life," Clint continues and ignores my question, "well, it takes more than a mask. It takes discipline. And since I know you are very stubborn—" He takes his bow from his back and notches an arrow.

"Uh... Clint? I don't see the purpose of this." I say to him.

"You're going to run over there, you're going to come back at me, and you're going to get hit with an arrow." He instructs and gestures to the corner of the training room on the other side.

'Okay now someone is being cocky.'

I laugh at him. "No, I'm not," I tell him.

He laughs too. "Yes, you are."

"Okay, fine, I will humor you," I say and run to the corner of the room. "Ready?" I call out to him.

I see him raise his bow and arrow at me. "Ready." I read his lips.

He releases the arrow and I run at him like instructed. I catch the arrow and stop a few feet away from him with the arrow in my hand.

"Nice try," I smirk at him.

Suddenly two arrows are shot behind me and lodge in my back.

"GAH!" I scream in pain. I look back to see what shot me. I see two hidden crossbows on the floor. 'How did I not see them before?' I look back at Clint who is circling me to get to my back. "You shot me?!" I pant.

"Don't worry, you heal fast." He says and yanks the arrows out my back.

"AHHH!" I scream once again. "What lesson was I supposed to learn there?!" I shout at him.

"To teach you that when you approach a new environment you should case every inch of it. You have the time. But you don't. You just run in blind." He tells me.

"Clint! You fucking cocksucker!" I punch him in the face.

He staggers back and puts a finger to his lips that's now busted.

"Alright you two that's enough!" Steve steps in before things could escalate. He turns to me. "Clint has a point, (Y/n). You do just run in blind without checking your surroundings."

"He could have just fucking told me instead of fucking shooting me!" I shout.

"Yeah, but this was way better," Clint smirks.

"I'm gonna wipe that smirk off your fucking face!" I prepare to start running, but Steve grabs me before I could.

"I got her, Barton. Thank you." Steve says and Clint nods. He sticks his tongue out at me before going back to standing next to Natasha.

Steve releases his grip on me and I huff.

"Nat you have anything to say?" Steve asks the assassin.

She shakes her head. "I'm just here to watch the show." She smirks.

A thought just occurred to me and I speak up. "Hey Steve, you remember when you were trying to snap me out of Loki's spell..."

"You mean when I beat the snot out of you." Steve retorts.

"Yeah. I want a rematch. Soldier vs speedster round 2. And this time I'll be in control of my own actions." I say to him.

He smiles, "It's on." Clint throws him his shield and he catches it. Before we could start Steve did the cutest little kitten sneeze ever.

"God bless America," I say.

Clint lets out a snort and Nat tries to hide her laughter but fails. I look at Steve to see him smiling and shaking his head. I laugh along with them. It was an opportunity and I took it.

Once we all calm down we start.

"It's the battle of the century who will win? The Soldier or the Speedster?" Clint says as an announcer would.

Natasha smacks the back of his head. "Get into fighting position." She says.

We each take our stance, staring at each other intently.

"3...2...1... Fight!"

Steve immediately throws his shield which I catch in midair. I weigh it in my hand, it's kinda heavy. I was admiring the shield too much because when I look up Steve's fist is about to connect with my face but I bring his shield up to block it. I try throwing the shield back at him but it falls on the mat instead. We engage into hand to hand combat which I'm actually keeping up with until I make a mistake and he picks me up and slams me onto the mat.

"I can do this all day." He says, barely panting.

I was going easy on him but screw it. I stand up and zoom at Steve, pushing him against the wall and put a vibrating hand at his heart. He didn't have time to react and didn't even know how he got to the wall, but he looks down and sees the vibrating hand at his heart and the murderous look in my eyes. Clint and Natasha take a step towards me.

I flash him a smile. "I win!" I stop my vibrating hand and back away from him.

Steve brushes himself off. "Remind me not to get you mad."

I chuckle. "Sorry."

"So it's 1-1 doesn't that mean you need a round three?" Clint asks.

"No!" Steve and I both yell.

"I think I'm done with fighting for today," I say. Steve nods in agreement.

"So what are you gonna do for the rest of the day?" Clint calls after me as I walk out of the training room.

"Well besides icing my back thanks to you, I'm gonna see what the Science Bros are up to!"

A/N: This chapter was kinda short but I think it was good. Hope you guys think the same...

QOTC: Who else watches the Flash?