Chpt. 4

Hermione Lestrange pov.

The wedding was amazing.  Fleur and Bill is surrounded by family and friends despite the hard time that we are going through.  That was until we were attacked.  All around Death Eaters were casting spells and curses.

I look at Ron and try to run to him and I succeed in doing so.  We hold onto eachother and look for Harry.  All of us need to get out of here.  Harry reaches us but all of us are knocked over.

I cover my face and head as I look around for Harry and Ron.  I spot them and I get up immediately.  Harry took out his wand and protected himself.  Ron is doing the same while looking for me.

I rush over to him and he pulls me behind him.  Harry seemed to have moved over.  We all need to be touching eachother to be able to apparate.

I take out my wand and start casting spells while moving towards Harry.  Ron and I are almost at his side when I see something at the corner of my eye.

I look to my left and I see Malfoy but this time he looks real not like a glowing figure that only I can see.

He walks forward in the middle of the fighting with a familiar smirk on his features.

"Malfoy."

I point my wand in his direction and glare at him. 

How could he do this?  He is fighting and killing and torturing others.  Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater.

"Don't move or else."

"Or else what?  Would you really attack your family like that?  They've been lying to you your entire life even the Weasley's. Think about it."  Malfoy says

I just stand still unable to move and unable to make a sound. 

Is he right?  What is he talking about?  I already know that most of my life has been a lie.  Ron wouldn't lie to me like that.  He cares about me.

"Your lying Malfoy."

"Malfoy!  Get out of here or I will curse you."  Ron says noticing who my wand is pointing at.

"Well, I am not surprised considering what you did to my cousin.  You and your family brainwashed her.  I doubt that any feelings you have for her are real."  Malfoy sneers at Ron.

I still can't move but I move my head to look at Ron.  He looks at Malfoy full of guilt.

"You...you...knew...who I am...who my parents are." 

Tell me its not true but it is true.  How can this be?  The entire Weasley family knew but how could they?  They knew who I was but didn't say anything.  Ron feelings for me were planned and faked.  His feelings aren't real for me.

It is as if my entire world was shifted and everything felt as if it was in slow motion.  Ron looks at me and sighs.

"I'm sorry Hermione."  Ron tells me then before I could
respond, he hit me.

The force knocked me to the ground hard and I saw black spots but soon felt myself close my eyes.