Chpt. 24

Hermione Lestrange pov.

Being knocked out and unconscious is not a pleasant feeling in my opinion.  I am currently sitting at the table for dinner with all of my family and friends including Lord Voldemort.  He checked on me himself and told me the news along with my parents.

I did put a good argument and made an excellent point about getting married right now and when I just turned seventeen months ago.  They also told me about new information and about myself.  I am still in shock and I feel very betrayed by those I have known for so long.

Blaise is currently sitting with my in the living room of my bedroom.  I have casted a spell to put a t.v. here along with a DVD player.  I am reading a book since I have been put on bed rest.

I can feel Blaise staring at me instead of watching the t.v. screen.  Closing my book and turning off the t.v., I look at him.

"Am I bothering you?"  Blaise ask me.

"No, it just seems like you want to say something to me."

"I do but I don't know where to start."  He admits the truth

"How about tell me why you agreed to marry me."

"I have known you since first year Hermione."  He tells me with a sad smile.

"So, you were stalking me."

Blaise lets out a chuckle that sounds free and happy.  I like to see him happy even though this would be the first time I would be spending this much time with him.  Since we are getting married then we might as well talk to eachother.  I don't want our marriage to be about not speaking to eachother.

"I have fancied you since first year when I saw you sit on the stool for the first time."  Blaise explains.

I look at him shocked by what I am hearing.  He has fancied me this entire time?!

How did I not even notice?

"How could you fancy me if you never even spoke to me before?"

"I learned something new about you every year.  I know for a fact that you love to read but you also love having a good conversation."  Blaise tells me.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

"You are blushing Hermione."  Blaise tells me with a smirk.

I cover my cheeks with both of my hands.  Blaise takes my hands in his and holds them in his own.

"I know that I should have told you how I felt before.  I was unsure of what would happen to you because of the upcoming war.  I want to prove to you that I care and that I want this marriage to work."  Blaise tells me

I squeeze his hands in mine and nod my head.  I want to give Blaise and I marriage a try as well.

I don't know why I am feeling this way or what happened to me.  The first time he spoke to me in this house, I felt safe with him even though it was just a simple conversation.