Chpt. 10

Draco Malfoy pov.

It has been a week since Hermione first arrived here at the manor.  She has opened up to us but we can tell she is still adjusting.

We are currently in the kitchen.  It is also getting colder with the upcoming snow and wind.

Hermione is about to bake some sweets.  She is making cookies, cakes and cinnamon buns.

I still have no clue what a cinnamon bun is.  She told me to wait until I try it and I will see.

I have been put on cookie duty.  She doesn't have us using any magic.  We are doing it the muggle way even though I don't see why.  I don't argue when I notice the happy look in her eyes.
I guess it is happy memories for her.  I won't take that away from her.

"Hermione, Draco."  My aunt Bellatrix yells from another room inside the manor.

"Kitchen."  Hermione responds back.

Hermione likes to have conversations with her parents especially when it is all three of them at one time.  She hasn't said mom, dad, mother or father.

My aunt walks in the kitchen and I see her smile.  Hermione is making the glaze I believe she called it for the cinnamon bun sweet.  She hasn't noticed that her mom has walked into the kitchen.

"Would you guys like some help?"  My aunt ask.

I see Hermione jump a little and I can't help but laugh.  She looked funny just jumping up in surprise like that.

"Draco, don't laugh."  Hermione says but she laughs along with me.

"Draco, why are you messing with her?"  My aunt ask smiling widely

"I can't help it.  She is just like you."

The three of us all laugh and Hermione explains what she has us doing.

"I don't know what those are."  My aunt says confused

"I thought you might be confused so I decided that you guys might actually like to try them.  I love cooking, I find it fun."  Hermione explains nervously

My aunt can tell that Hermione is nervous but doesn't say anything.  Hermione always get nervous now.  I have never seen her like this not even at school.  She would always be standing strong and confident.

Pretty soon, Hermione is making glaze with her mother.  My aunt and Hermione immediately starts talking and I can see Hermione relax some.

"This feels funny."  My aunt says and Hermione laughs

"Mom, your not suppose to touch it.  You have to stir it."  Hermione says with a smile.

I stop making cookies and look at Hermione and my aunt.  She looks at Hermione with happy eyes then looks at me with a small smile that I know is about to get wide.

But Hermione hasn't noticed.  Does she know what she just said?
Does she even realise that she just said mom?

Pretty soon, it looks like Hermione isn't going to say anything else about the matter.

I look at my Aunt and I just give her a sad smile.  This was progress and I know that my aunt can tell as well as me.

She smiles at me then starts on the glaze again.  I can't help but stare at Hermione.

Why act like you don't know what you just said Hermione?  I know that you know.