Chpt. 36

Hermione Lestrange Zabini pov.

We all wait for the return of Draco and Luna and for Harry to show up.  It took a few good minutes but they did show.

Draco and Luna looked a mess covered in dust and rubble.  They both are fine.  We all checked on them and greeted them back.

Draco also told us how George is acting different around the rest of the Weasley's.  George is questioning them about the truth but they just feed him lies.

Blaise lays his head on mine as I stay close to him. 

"I want Harry to know the truth then maybe he won't fight anymore.  I know Harry, he will stop."

"What if he doesn't believe you?  You are a Death Eater, remember." Daphne ask me

"Then I have to show him.  I will show him and if he doesn't then...then the boy I once called my friend and brother has to die."

I fall to my knees as tears hours my vision and I scream as I think about what I lost.  Blaise doesn't question me but holds me to him as I cry out about the pain I am feeling.

It takes me a while to pull myself together but I do.  Just when I stand up with Blaise, Harry walks into our view.  He stares at me and walks forward.

Blaise steps in front of me for protection.

"Tell me the truth Hermione.  Are you a Death Eater?"  Harry ask me

"Yes Harry I am a Death Eater.  Tell me the truth Harry.  Why did you save Blaise?"

"The truth.  I felt bad about almost killing your husband.  Ron agrees with me.  Why Hermione?  Why do this?"  Harry ask me

"The truth Harry.  I do this because of the truth and not just my parents.  Let me show you Harry-"

"And what, Hermione?  I can walk freely.  No, I don't care about the lies they have told you.  I care about the fight, the war I have to end."  Harry snaps at me interrupting what I was saying

I look at Lord Voldemort and nod my head.  Blaise and I turn around and stand next to my mom.

Right before my eyes, Harry sacrifices himself.

Harry Potter I met on the train is now dead.  Harry Potter the boy from the same house as me now dead.  Harry Potter the boy who became my best friend now dead.  Harry Potter the boy who let me cry on his shoulder is now dead.

"Goodbye Harry."

"Lord Voldemort!"  One of the Death Eaters shout.

Just as Harry has fallen, so has he.  We all check on him and moments later he wakes up asking if Harry himself is dead.

Narcissa walks over to Harry to check.  She stands up and announces he is dead.

I can feel myself wanting to cry again but he made his choice.  He believed in what the Order told him.

Now he dies because of what they have created.  They lost the Boy Who Lived.