Chpt. 18

Hermione Lestrange pov.

Today is the day that I go on my first misson.

I look in the mirror and look at the clothes I have chosen to wear today.  Black, on black and more black.

I am wearing dark grey jeans along with black boots.  My cardigan is long and black but feels smooth.  My hair is put in a neat and slick ponytail.  My top is tucked in and a black turtle neck.
The top itself is made of a thin material which makes it soft.

I look at myself in the mirror.  I look different, my hair and my eyes.  My eyes seems to be brown with a touch of green in them.  My hair seems to have gotten longer with black tips at the end.

I read in the journal that I had a glamour charm.  The page said described what I looked like entirely.

Nice to know that they decided how I looked.  That doesn't matter anymore.  It seems to be wearing off.

I take a deep breathe and walk out my room.  My thoughts swirl with what I am going to do today.

Mission objective:  Bring Luna Lovegood to Malfoy Manor.

I already know that I will have a hard time doing so but I don't want Luna anywhere near the Order or the Weasleys.

I walk downstairs and see who is coming with me on this mission.
It will be myself, Draco, Pansy, Daphne, And Theo.

I can do this, I just have to remember why I am doing this.  If only I knew why I was doing this.  I just know that I need Luna in a safe place.  She is my friend but that is debatable until she knows who I truly am.

"Hermione, are you ready?"  Daphne ask me as I stand with them.

"Yes, I am doing this for Luna but hopefully I will know who else I am doing this for."

"Your family.  You have your real family now.  That is what we are all fighting for."  Daphne tells me while fixing the cloak that I have just put on.  We must hide our identies.  None of them can know who we are.  It helps us keep an eye on them from the inside without them knowing.

I look at each and every one of them.

She is right.  I can see it in their eyes.  They are fighting for those that they love.  All of them have every right to do so.

"I fight for who I love as well.  Lets go and get Luna."

"Oh, before we go, everyone has their mask."  Draco announces

We all put our mask on and nod our heads.  Each of us hold hands and apparate to the Lovegood's home.

We are inside their home and I can see how Luna is standing there along with her father.  I walk forward and they both pull out their wands.  My friends and family do the same.  I walk in front of Luna and hold my hand out.

"Luna, come with me."

I am glad that the mask that I wear changes the sound of my voice.

"What do you want with me?"  Luna ask me in her voice that is light and innocent.

"Luna Lovegood.  You are requested to come with us."  Someone from behind me says.

I grab Luna's hand and she raises her wand.  Then I make a flower on the palm of her hand.  No one moves or stops me from what I am doing.  Luna looks at me and lowers her wand.

"Is it really you?"  She ask me.

I nod my head, step back, and once again hold out my hand. 

I want to give her this choice.  Luna knows who I am from my flower.  She knows who I am.  Luna doesn't look the least bit upset.

Luna then walks forward and grabs my hand.  Her father tries to grab her back but I pull her behind me.

"Lower your wand."  Someone snaps at Xenophilius Lovegood.

Xenophilius lowers his wand but looks broken. 

"Please, she is my only daughter."  Xenophilius

I look at him and feel bad but as I realise the situation.  This is what they did to my parents.

I don't feel sympathy for them if they never shown it to anyone else.

We all hold hands once more and apparate back to Malfoy Manor with Luna Lovegood by my side.