Chpt. 35

Hermione Lestrange Zabini pov.

Draco and Luna both decided to stay behind and keep a watchful eye while fighting.  I put a shield on them so that the only ones who could see them are Death Eaters.

The three of us entered the forest and we see the crowd of Death Eaters.  I am also starting to feel exhausted from giving Draco and Luna a strong shield.  I can tell that Blaise needs to rest as well. 
He used his powers while we were running out of Hogwarts.

"What happened?"  Lord Voldemort ask us

"Goyle betrayed us."  Astoria says and everyone looks at Goyle's father and he looks mad.

"I don't have a son."  That is all that man says

I fall down to my knees and I feel Blaise sit next to me.  We are both breathing heavily and holding on to eachother.

"Blaise, why didn't you use your abilities to get Draco and yourself out of the Room of Requirement?"  Astoria ask Blaise confused

I look at Blaise and he shakes his head while scoffing.

"Goyle, hit me with a spell that made me weak.  It seems that they had their own research on what Hermione and I could do.  Draco blasted him away from me.  Shields were the only thing that I could muster with little strength in my powers."  Blaise explains.

"That idiot!  We grew up with him and he just turned his back on us!  We are his family!  Where is he?!"  Pansy demands.

"Dead.  He tried to burn Draco and I alive but died by his own spell, fiendfyre.  I don't think he knew the source of our powers."  Blaise explains

I can feel myself breathe again.  The fact that I almost lost Blaise hits me.  I hug Blaise tight and don't let go.  Blaise holds me just as tight not letting go.

"I have an idea now that their forces have been weakened.  They have fought well, impressing me but they cannot keep it up.  Where is Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Lovegood?"  Lord Voldemort ask us.

"Safe inside of Hogwarts watching carefully.  Why did they save you and Draco, Blaise?"

"I don't know but I do know that this has gone on long enough."  Blaise tells me.

"Where is my daughter?"  I hear my mom shout

"Mom."

I get up along with Blaise and run over to her.  I hug her tight and she makes sure that I am alright.

"I think that I need to speak ro Harry and Ron."

"What?  Why?"  Pansy amd Daphne both ask me.

"They saved Draco and Blaise even though I was already going to do it and they saw me.  They didn't let them die.  I want to know what changed their minds."

"You will have all the answers you want Ms. Lestrange Zabini."  Lord Voldemort says while walking away

I go over to my dad who has just shown up and hug him like I hugged my mom.  Looking over and I see Blaise with my aunt Narcissa and uncle Lucius.  They are his family and I couldn't be happier to know that they are there for him.  Blaise catches my eye and frowns.  I shake my head and smile.  He returns my smile along with a wink.

"Blaise, you are making me blush."

"Of course I do love.  You look beautiful and bright while blushing."  Blaise says in my mind.