Recovery

"C'mon.." I lift Ms Smuts up while sniffing, I carry her to the edge of the bed and set her down.

Sitting on the floor by her feet I cry into my hands.

"Oh honey." She says rubbing my back.

I look up with puffy eyes, "Are you okay?" I ask and a small smile appears on her face.

"You know... His not always like this. Only on occasions." She covers for him.

"You mean when he drinks?" I whisper.

"Why was he calling you 'Abby'?" I ask wiping my cheeks.

"That's my middle name. Elizabeth Abby Smuts." She chuckles lightly as if remembering something.

"When he was little he never could say his e's. " I try to smile.

"I really think that plate of flapjacks seems like a pretty good idea right about now." I say and she taps my chin standing up.

"So what is Harry dad's name?" I ask as we head downstairs and into the kitchen.

"His name is Henry, such a lonely man, I suppose that's the reason his doing all of this." She says as I take a seat at the marvel counter and watch her wip another batch of flapjacks.

"How many are there?"

"I'm not sure, all I know is that that's his line of business,  I never thought he would bring one of them to Harry house. "

"Harry house? I was at his house for the frat party..." I say confused.

"Oh, no that's the house he goes to to escape from his dad, Mr. Styles thinks his a coward for not wanting any part of his dad business, this house is the place his dad got him when his mom died. " she says turning to me.

"I never knew..." I trail off.

"Last... last night their was a guy, he was sitting beside me on the bed?" I question.

"That's Rob, his Mr Styles companion,  more like bodyguard if you ask me."

"Okay... do you know when Henry... will be back.." I ask as she hands me my plate.

"No sorry, he rarely comes over.. He doesn't live here but I'm guessing he will come over sooner or later because of you." She says as she sits next to me, I rest my rist on the counter and stare down.

"Why am I here?... If what you saying is true, that Harry probably didn't know of any of this... why would his dad upduck me?" I look at her.

"Honey... I... I'm only telling you this because you don't deserve any of this." I nod.

"Mr Styles was here a couple of days ago, discussing busines with a boy, he was young very young

I thought it was odd that he would be doing business with him but, when I listened carefully... they were talking about you." She folds her hands.

"A boy? What did he look like?" I ask

"He had dark black hair but that's all I know sorry dear.." she says apologeticly.

"No it's alright. .. I met someone before the party yesterday.. He's name was Daniel,  he told me he moved recently, I invited him to the party but he never actually pitched."

"Did you tell anyone about him? What about your friend? " she asks.

"No, no I never thought it was relevant,  I mean when you met someone you don't automatically think his going to upduck you."

She nods her head.

"C'mon now eat, you must feel famished. " she says and I smile.

I cut into the flapjacks, "What if Harry or Henry comes back?" I ask.

"Then I'll tell them you sleeping,  honey I'll try I promise to help and get you free."

"Do you work everyday?" I asks gulping down the flapjacks, she gets up and makes me tea.

"Only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays." she says and I freeze.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"What? You can't leave me with them, what if something happens,?" I ask alarmed.

"Don't worry honey,  if Mr Styles wanted you dead he wouldn't risk exposing you to any of us including Harry, if he knew that he knew you."

"Oh wow great, that's reassuring. " I say bluntly.

I finish my plate of deliciously golden brown flapjacks as myself and Ms Smuts get into a deep topic about our lives. She has a husband of 30 years and a adopted daughter she told me about. We spoke about her life here in Stamford and how surprisingly peacefully it is in the small town.

"It's getting quite late." I say as I look out the kitchen window.  It's dark out and I'm surprised that all we have been doing for the day is sit and a talk.

"Oh dear I haven't realized it's gotten so late, should I make you some dinner? " she asks and I laugh.

"No I'm good thanks Elizabeth. " she smiles as she folds her hands together.

"I really do think you should speak to Harry dear, like I said he had absolutely no idea as to what his father was conspiring."

I fiddle with my nails and lick my chipped lips in thought.

"Okay... maybe he can help me get out." I say with a but of hope even though Bitchy Betty is folding her arms surrounded by riffles ready for action.

"Okay dear a nice hot shower will relax you abit. " she says and I push my chair out and sigh.

"Hopefully. "

I walk out of the kitchen limping abit as I twirl my rists and neck. I stop as I hear the front door open and my eyes jolt to the front door. I swallow as I see him.