I'm In Love With You

Lapis x Reader

Okay quick back story- You and Lapis have been friends since Steven introduced you guys. Ever since then you guys did everything together. As you guys got closer you began to grow feelings for her. But since you weren't sure if she would be into you because you're a girl you said nothing and began to distance yourself from her. Until one night you decided you wanted to just tell her how you feel about her.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yo (Y/N)!" I heard Lapis say from behind me. I turn to her and she looked happier than usually. "Hey?" say with a slight awkward smile. She then sat down beside me. "What?" she said I was now confused "What?" said in response "You said 'Hey' like it was a question." she laughed. I laughed a bit too "Oh I don't know why I did that sorry." we sat there quietly for a while just looking at the night sky. The air around us was tense. Well until Lapis said something "So why are we here?" I looked down at the town and how pretty it looked at night. "I don't know I thought it would be a cool place to hangout."

"Okay" she said lying down on the grass looking at the sky. I really wanted to tell her how I feel about her but how? I stared at her just wondering. "Why are you staring at me?" she asked. "I wasn't staring." I say quickly looking away blushing. "Yeah you were." she said playfully. "No I wasn't." I say making her give small giggle. I covered my face with the sleeves of my (F/C) sweater. "Hey I was just teasing." She sat up looking at me. I sighed and looked at her with a small blush on my face. "Lapis I wanted to tell you something important to tell you." "Okay what is it?" she said crossing her legs then faced me. We are now face to face and the air around us shifted. I was now feeling super uncomfortable. "I-I uh." was all that came out of my mouth. She tilted her head

"Okay uh. I really don't know how to put this." I looked to the ground. Lapis put a hand n my shoulder "Hey just say whatever is on you're mind." I took a deep breath and said "Lapis I've been in love with you from a while now and I just need to know if you in some way feel the same." I blurted. She gave me a sad look. "(Y/N)" she said looking away from me. Now this is what I feared rejection. "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way." I felt tears going down my face. "Okay that's all I needed to know." I smiled through the tears.

I know she didn't feel the same but hey why not just ask. "(Y/N) are you crying?" Lapis asked. I began to use my sleeves to get rid of the tears. "No." I say standing up. "I should get going it kind of late." Lapis didn't say anything as I walked away.

**Time Skip**

When I got home I went straight to my room. I was now crying my eyes out. I feel so stupid I knew she did think of me like that but now facing to reality of that hurts. But I hope we will still be friends but I know that things won't but the same.

END

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay this might be weird but I in all honesty love this story. It's sad I guess but it makes me happy. So I hope you liked this. I am working on a part 2.

Words: 609