Her Choice

Lapis x (Fem) Reader

Yeah we get a few more parts to the 'I'm In Love With You' series. This will not in any way be connected to the Alternate version of 'You Mean The Most To Me'

Now this will take place like a week after the events of 'You Mean The Most To Me'

All I really have to say about this chapter is be ready to be most likely annoyed be me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"(Y/N)!" Lapis called to me. I turned to face her. I smile "Hey Lapis." she smiled too. "You ready for tonight?" I asked her face lit up. "Totally." she said walking along side me. We were both heading to Stevens. He was having a party and now that things aren't that weird between Lapis and I. He choose to invite the both of us. Lapis and I had actually gotten closer since everything went down. We were starting to act we normally did around each other. I was able to have my best friend in my life again. Lapis then grabbed my hand "(Y/N) look." she said pulling me to look at the donut shop. "Huh?" I said looking at some of the Crystal Gems with big boxes of donuts. "The party will be awesome." I said mouth drooling at the sight of Donuts. "Sure will." Lapis said still holding on to my hand. We looked down to our hands. I quickly pulled my hand away and so did Lapis. A light blush dusted over my face. "We should hurry to Stevens." I said awkwardly. I guess somethings are still awkward between us. We still can't hold hands like we used to. "Yeah." she said head tilted as if she was confused mixed with embarrassed.

We then headed to Stevens in silence.

**Time Skip**

When we got to Stevens people were already there. From what Steven told me the party was going to start at sun down. It would at least be an hour until sun down. But that did stop others from showing up early. "Wow that's a lot of people." Lapis says nervously. She looked a bit freaked out. I put my hand on her shoulder and gave a comforting smile. "It's going to be fine." Lapis smiled back. "Thanks (Y/N)." she looks back the swarm of people. "Let's go." I said pulling her into the party. It was crazy it was crowded. We could barely get inside. At some point we met up with Peridot and Steven. Peridot was covered from head to toe in glow lights. The sun hadn't even gone down yet and she was wearing those. "Hey guys." Lapis said basically clinging to me now. Lapis wasn't used to stuff like this. "Hey." Steven and Peridot said at the same time. I giggled "So were you expecting so many people to show up?" I asked Steven and he shrugged. "I did kind of." he said picking up a cup of fruit punch and hand it to me. "I mean I did invite everyone I know." my eyes widened. "Wow that's a lot."

After that quick meet up I went to dance on the dance floor. Lapis just stood there awkwardly while everyone around us was dancing. And at some point Lapis and I got separated. I looked around for her but couldn't find her. "Hey Peridot have you seen Lapis." I asked Peridot who was doing some sort of robot dance. "Yeah I think she's with Steven upstairs. Lapis looked pretty upset." I nod and head upstairs. Literally nobody was up there and I was quiet unlike the down stairs somehow. When I was half way up the stairs I heard Steven and Lapis talking. I paused at his words. "Just tell her that you like like her." Steven said. "No I can't I already rejected her before." Lapis said sadly. "I broke her heart the first time and now that I have feelings for her." Lapis then groaned in a annoyance. I started to feel so confused. "What? Now she likes me." I think walking all the way up the stairs. Lapis and Steven shoot their heads to me.

"Hey guys." I said rubbing my arm awkwardly. "(Y/N)! Hey." Lapis said looking embarrassed. Steven looked happy to see me. "I guess you heard?" He said walking to me. I nod and he walks behind me. "You guys need to talk." he then walks down stairs leaving me and Lapis alone. "So it's true?" I said sitting on Stevens bed next to Lapis. "yeah." "So you lied when you said you didn't think of me in that way?" I asked looking at my feet. "No I didn't lie." She said softly "I just realized that I feel this way." I looked at her feeling angry. I felt as if she was just playing with my heart. "Lapis how do you feel." I said "I don't want to just be played with." Lapis then out of the blue kissed me. I kissed her back. This was something I had always wanted and now that it was happening I didn't know what to feel.

Maybe this was her choice. Maybe she wanted to be with me. But I'm not sure I feel the same anymore.

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Holy cow this was a long chapter. This was almost a thousand words. I hope you enjoyed and hope you are as excited for the next parts like I am.