Stronger Than You Think

Steven x (Half Gem) Reader

Hope you guys will like this.😁😁

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Steven!!" I shout running to him. "(Y/N)!" he says as I hug him. Steven hugs back. "How've you been?" He asked pulling out of the hug with a smile. "I've been good." I smile "But it would have been better if you and Connie were here." Steven pats my head "I know (Y/N). We'll try to be here next time." I nod and Pearl comes running to us. Well I should say the blue Pearl came over to us. "Young Diamond you shouldn't go running off like that." She says checking me. "I know Blue." She looks over to Steven. "Hello Steven it is nice to see you again." Steven chuckles nervously putting his hands in his jacket pockets. "Yeah I'm glad to be back."

"Well I must take (Y/N) back to her training." She says taking my hand. "Hey how about I go with you." Steven says smiling. "Yeah!" I said. We began to walk back to the beach house. While we were walking it got quiet. Until Steven spoke up. "So have you made any progress controlling your abilities." He asked. I sighed "Not really." I say "I still can't stop making people cry." I looked at the ground. "Hey don't worry you'll learn to control it." Steven pats my head.

When we got to the house the other Pearl was pacing. When Pearl noticed us she ran right to Steven and hugged him. She then began to leacher me on leaving my training. "(Y/N) you can't keep running off during training!" Pearl exclaimed. I rolled my eyes "Well I needed a break." I said looking at the ground. "Next time let me know you need a break." she says calming down. "Yes Ma'am." I say still looking at the ground. "Well I just we can take the rest of the day to rest." Pearl sighs crossing her arms. "But tomorrow we are training all day." I smiled "Thanks Pearl." I looked back up to her. She was obviously not pleased with me. But I could tell she didn't want to train anymore today. Mainly because Steven was here.

"Okay now Steven I will need your help with (Y/N)." Pearl says. "Why?" Steven says. She sighs "Well you can keep your cousin from being upset." I groaned crossing my arms. Pearl and Steven walked away so they could talk in private. "Young Diamond are you okay?" Blue says kneeling to be at eye level with me. "Yes why?" I say. Blue puts a hand on my face. "You're crying." She wipes the tears from my face. I put my hand on my face. "I didn't even know I was crying."

"It is fine Young Diamond." she reassures me. She smiled gently. "Thanks Blue." Steven and Pearl return to us. They both looked very happy. "(Y/N) were you crying." Pearl says grabbing my and pulling me closer to her. "You were!" She exclaimed happily. "Why are you happy about that?" Steven says walking up to me. "Because she didn't cause us to cry."

"Wow Pearl thanks I know how much you care." I say sarcastically crossing my arms. "O-oh sorry (Y/N) I didn't mean it like that." then suddenly to area around me turned blue. All of us fell to the ground. Tears were going down our faces. "I'm s-sorry." I cried. Steven was trying to get to me. "(Y/N) look at me." he says crawling toward me, tears streaming down his face. "It's okay just breathe." I take a deep breath and the area begins to go back to normal. "I really wasn't expecting that." Pearl says still sitting on the ground. "Yeah." I say standing up.

Steven then began to laugh. "Why are you laughing?" I asked. "I didn't realize how strong you were." "Oh I'm not strong." I say walking over to Blue and help her off the ground. "Trust me you're a lot stronger than you think." Pearl says smiling at us. "Maybe even stronger than your mother (Y/N)." I giggled "I can even measure up to her power."

"That's what Pearl and I were talking about earlier. You're getting really strong." Steven says placing a hand on my head. I looked up to him. "(Y/N) you are stronger than me." my eyes widened "Really!?" he nods. A smile was drawn across my face. I looked to Blue and ran to her. "Blue did you hear that!?" she nods smiling at me. "That's why we train so much." Pearl spoke up. I smiled to her. "I guess I should really train more." I say feeling so cool. "Maybe." Pearl says. "Yeah maybe I could be stronger than White Diamond." they all just stared at me with a blank expression. "We'll have to see about that." Steven says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah a new chapter!! This was a hard one to write. I had no idea what I wanted to do with (Y/N). But after eight rewrites I got this. I hope you guys liked this.

You guys can thank the 'Dear Evan Hansen' sound track for keeping me focused while writing this.

A meme for your troubles