Thirteen: Broken Glass

Check out my new Young Justice fanfic The Price of Equity! Love you all, enjoy! :) xx 

“I’m fine,” Wally assured, stuffing his face with the pudding I had brought him.

“Yeah, you look it,” Dick chuckled nervously from behind me.

I tried to smile, but could not bring it all the way into my eyes. I had done this. She had done this. It would only get worse from here.

The doctors were baffled at how the supposed ‘freezing’ occurred. They said it definitely came from inside of him- not outside.

“It may have been a chemical reaction between some things he ate. Would have occurred in his stomach,” one doctor suggested. Artemis said she wasn’t surprised.

Dick placed his hands on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. Instead, it made me feel worse; what was in store for these eleven other ‘weaknesses’ of mine?

Walking back down the hallway of the hospital, I held my jacket tightly in on hand, the other holding on to Dick's. Neither of us spoke until we reached the jaguar.

When we climbed into the seats, we just sat there. 

"Don't you dare say it," Dick warned.

"But it's the truth." He reached over and took my hand.

"This wasn't your fault Hana.”

I shuffled in my seat uncomfortably. "Can we go, please?"

Back home, I found myself sitting in the sanctuary among the lizard family. Drazil, now old came to lay beside me as I wrote a list.

'Weaknesses' it was titled. I began the list with those who mean most to me; only, that list is hundreds long. The more I wrote, the more  frustrated I became until I accidentally burnt through it with mana.

Sighing, I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Hey Mrs Nightwing," Bart said, walking into the sanctuary. I blinked; then he was suddenly sitting in front of me.

"Hello Bart."

"What'cha doin'?"

"Nothing much." 

It occurred to me to ask him of the future. It had been something I had always worried about- and he may know the answers I want. Yet, I know the consequences.

Bart walked me to the mission room, where training would be. 

"Alright; everyone, I'm going to pair you all up." 

With a great amount of complaining and reluctance, I had the pairs I wanted. Swiftchick, being new to the group, was paired with Batgirl; should not be too hard.

"Dnib rieht sdnah dniheb rieht skcab," I chanted. Everyone had their hand tied behind their backs.