Twenty Eight: Newest

"Well, what do you think?"

I stand in the middle of our new living room, in our new apartment, in Blüdhaven. It was much, much bigger than our last.

"Kind of retro," I say. The floors are all wooden boards and it's very bright. We are two floors from the top floor, and there's a massive balcony outside.

”It's beautiful, really," I say, but he notices how half-hearted I sound.

"You don't like it," he mumbles.

"N-No!" I exclaim, walking into the kitchen to him. "I do like it. I love it. I just have to get used to it. I loved our old apartment is all."

He smiles slightly, before I kiss him. 

Unfortunately, of course, our communicators beep simultaneously. Captain Atom begins speaking. There had been a 'situation' at the hall.

We get back into the Jaguar and drive back to the warehouse. La'gann and Garr have discovered their new home. Both seem relatively happy, especially since most of the salvaged stuff is in here now, including the TV.

"This is the last area supposed to be cleared," I say, walking over to where most of the rubbish stuff had been piled whilst Nightwing walked up the stairs to the boys.

With M'gann beside me, I open one of the freezer chambers. The door creaks before a bunch of tiny red eyes appear in the darkness.

Both M'gann and I scream as a whole load of something squealing, furry and flying comes out and straight towards us.

Before I know it, the two of us are squealing, running and swatting the creatures away. I couldn't see anything; all I knew was that when I got outside the animals were gone.

A flock of bats went flying off into the sky as I jump around, trying to get rid of the tingly gross feeling. When the two of us have calmed down, I become aware of the guys standing at the doorway laughing.

I glare at them. Nightwing comes over to hug me. I push him away and walk to the edge of the peer, shuddering. Gross. Bats are gross. 

You can drape a snake over my shoulders and I'll kiss it on the head. You can put a spider on my hand and I'll take a selfie with it.

Put a bat in the same room as me and I'll roll into a ball and cry.

"I was kidding," I hear Nightwing laugh. He walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. "But Batman must scare the uh...'Disney' out of you.