Twenty Six: Impaled

"Nepo!" I yell, waving my hand at the door. It doesn't budge. "The alien tech won't work in constant with my magic!" I shout to no one.

I ready a fist of combined mana and thrust it at the door. I almost expected it to fail; this is of the Reach. They do not take these things lightly.

On the other side of the door, I can here crashes, bangs and an array of sounds.

'Uh! Can't you at least get the link back up!?' Garr's voice echoes in my head. 'Oh, uh, thanks! Now come on! We're sealed out of the docking bay!'

'What's going on in there?' Viper adds.

'Don't know! Hana and I are cut off aboard the bio-ship,' Nightwing replies.

'We're fighting Black Beetle and Shimmer. Lagoon Boy, Robin, Bumblebee, and Destiny are already down. Misty's been impaled by- Conner look out! Superboy's down! It's just Batgirl and me now!' Cassie says.

'You've got to get in there!' Garr yells.

'W-What? How?' M'gann asks. I frown at Nightwing who does the same back.

'What do you mean how? Density shift!'

'R-Right. I can do that. I can still do that.'

There is silence after that. I try calling out over the link, but nothing happens. "Link's down!" Nightwing confirms. I go back to trying to smash the door down.

Then it opens.

I am faced with a surprise, but run in. "Star! Over here!" I hear Robin yell. When I look up, both he and Misty had been pinned against the door with staples.

Only, the right side of Misty's stomach has been stabbed by it, and she is bleeding considerably. I don't panic, used to medical hazard.

I glance around quickly. La'gann and Karen are passed out on the floor together. Daphne is on the other side of the room, uncosncious. Jaime approaches her.

Cassie, another girl and M'gann are also out, with Impulse and Beast Boy helping them. I look over to see Batgirl and Nightwing talking. I try to ignore the little hand touch happening.

"Alright Tim. We can't pull it out of her, not yet. It might make her lose blood faster." Using mana, I create two ropes and wrap them around the staple. 

It really is stuck in the wall, but I wedge it out which makes Misty cry in pain. Robin lifts her up and runs off into the ship, as gently as possible.

Barbara and I work on getting everyone else in, whilst trying to avoid the huge fight going on between Blue and Black.

Suddenly, water begins filling the bay. Water. Horrible, killing, water.