Forty Three: Friends Of All Kinds

"We have missed you Han," Kirsti grins at me. I smile back at her. We are currently getting our nails done- just Kirsti, Ash, Amethysr, Karen and I.

During high school, people often said Zatanna, Amethyst, Kirsti and I look alike. We all have blue eyes, only mine are dark, Zatanna's are light, Amy's are in-between and Kirsti's are close to grey.

My black hair reaches my hips now, and it's straight. Zatanna and Amy have the same hair; curly, only Za's is short and Amy's is dip-dyed purple. Kirsti's just reaches her shoulders.

"So, how's your man?" Ash asks.

"Good, we're great."

"Yeah," Amethsyst gives a shifty grin, "how is he, if you know what I mean."

"Oul your mind out of the gutter Amy," I grin back. She just laughs.

"Saw you at the WayneTech Launch party on the news!" Kirsti grins.

"That dress was gorgeous!" 

"I got to touch it," Karen brags.

"Seriously? I want to touch it!" Kirsti says excitedly.

The manicures finish with us. As we stand to walk over to the sitting area, Kirsti continues her excited gushing.

"I gave it back to the designer," I say.

"What? Why?"

"It had to be...fixed," I trail off, sitting down.

"What do you mean 'fixed'?" Ash asks curiously. Not wanting a repeat of what happened last time, I just smile and say the zip broke.

Perfect timing for Karen to swoop into the story. The rest of the girls get here and join in on laughing at me. Yes, that was fun.

Catherine, Kariya, M'gann, Zatanna and I continue to sit and eat. "How's Daphne?" Catherine asks. Her hair is short and shaggy, and the ends have been dipped in black dye.

"She's uh- She's alright, now. Bad break up," I say.

"Aw, poor baby," Kariya coos. I roll my eyes.

"What is one of the special people?" Catherine asks, putting her piercing back in.

"Yeah..."

"And?"

"I can't really say guys."

"Oh come on!"

They did not know everything, but they knew a fair bit about our other lives. What kind of lie can you come up with when Zatanna is expected to be the Zatanna?

"Blue Beetle," M'gann chirps.

"He broke her heart?" Catherine asks.

"Yeah."

The blonde's ice blue eyes darken. She and Daphne were close in the way that they were alike. "Kariya. Find me a bug zapper. We got us a Beetle to kill!"

"You want to kill his new girlfriend to?" I let slip out, before covering my mouth with my hand.