Thirty One: Lessons

Shh; I'm stealing my brother's phone wifi for this.

My pal BlueBeetlesGal is writing a lemon of Nightwing and Star on her fanfic account so..yeah. I'll let you guys know when it comes out O///O 0_0

~Kaido

~

The next morning, I am the first to wake up.

I text Alice, telling her to go to our usual Sunday morning café. I get out of bed, take a shower, throw on a sundress and pull my hair into a ponytail.

“Hey,” I whisper, jumping across the bed. Dick is fast asleep on his side- he’s so adorable like this.

“Dick,” I whisper again and lean over his shoulder. 

I kiss his cheek. “Hm?” I hear him say.

“I’m going to see Alice, okay?”

“Okay,” he yawns before going back to sleep.

I slip on a pair of heels and some sunglasses. I grab my bag and leave.

“Hana!” A voice calls out as I walk down the hall. Kat locks her door before running over to where I wait for the elevator.

“Where’re you headed?” She asks.

“Just catching up with a friend. You?”

“Going to see my mother, she’s in hospital.”

The elevator opens. “Oh, is she sick?”

“Yeah, bone cancer.”

“I’m so sorry!” I gush. Only, she laughs.

“It’s alright, she’s a tough lady! So, you’re visiting a friend?”

“Uhuh, Alice. We owned a calisthenics club back in Happy Harbour.”

“That must have been fun!”

“It was.”

The elevator reaches the underground parking lot. I say goodbye to Kat and run over to the jaguar and jump inside. 

~

“There’s more?” She groans tiredly as I take out another file. We sit at a table on the waterfront of the cafe, like we normally do.

“I’m sorry Ali, but this is the rules. Nightwing says if you learn them by tonight you can go on a mission that will be in Smallville.”

“Ooh! They have the best pencil skirt collec-“

I give her a pointed look that stops her gushing. She smiles shyly and I go over the rule of new outcomes on a mission.

When I finish reading the next two files, I look at my watch.

“It’s been three hours. That’s all I had to spend on it. Now, lets go.”