Twenty: Important

There was a clear awkward air in the bio-ship. Most of the team didn't understand. I sat with Destiny, Viper, Robin and Superboy, seeing as I was completely drained they took it upon themselves to watch over me.

The awkwardness came from the fact that Nightwing did not come near me, like everyone expected him to. I find myself drooping to sleep on Conner's shoulder, watching Dick sit emotionlessly on the other side of the ship beside Batgirl and Blue.

"Just rest, Hana," Superboy tells me.

~

"What is it?" I smile, as Klarion hands me a gift.

"A good luck charm," he tells me. "I have one too. See?" He pulls his sleeve back, revealing a similar bangle, only his is silver, not gold like mine.

We lie on our backs in the meadow behind Bleak Mansion. The grass is blue and butterflies that leave glitter trails behind float around the grey flowers.

I smile at Klarion and slip the bangle on my wrist. I take his clawed hand and hold it up to the sky. The Witch World suns reflect off of the jewels in the jewellery.

"We match," I tell him. He smiles and looks at me. I smile back.

In a blue haze, the scene changes. I am small. Just a child.

"C'mon! C'mon! Come on Miss Lana or we'll miss it!"

We were going to the movies to watch Brother Bear. My love of Disney films started when I was at that age. All of the character's problems were solved within two hours, and I thought that was great.

I remember wishing my life was like that, and that my mother would return home from her duties more often.

Lana tells me I am too excited and to calm down, before she hurries her walking down the street, holding my gloved hand tightly.

In a second flash of blue I see myself accepting my high school diploma. I sit next to Zatanna and am then joined by Karen and Alice. 

Multiple blue flashes appear, showing different parts of my life until they all boil down to one scene.

I shoot Midnight mana from my palms. It hits Gouzu in the chest. His atomic heart blows up and kills the villagers. I shield only myself.

Then, there is when I failed at another mission. What took me off of the field. I let loose an animal that nearly tears me to shreds. It kills multiple people from the village.

I remember the disappointed looks M'gann, Conner, Kaldur, Dick, Daphne and Misty gave me.

~