Twenty Five: Rescue

Whoo! Finished my exams! And a comic book store opened near my house!

Enjoy! Follow! Comment! Vote! Hug Superboy!

~

"Hey! You! A-Are you awake?" Hazel whispers loudly to the boy in the pod next to her. He was quite handsome, she must admit.

He groans, before his eyes open. They find her immediately, straining to see him through the glass. 

"Oh, you are awake! I-I'm Hazel," she says.

"Uh- Jaime," he answers. "Where are we?"

"Don't really know. Hell maybe?"

When Jaime gets a good look at her, the penny drops.

"You're Hazel Smith. You've been missing for weeks!"

Hazel laughs nervously. "They only captured me a week ago. For the thing on my back."

"You too huh?"

"Yeah. They call it the 'Winged Scarab'. I just call it the Butterfly."

"Mine's a Beetle."

"Oh."

The two stop speaking when the scientist enters.

~Hana~

We are operating out of the basement of the Hall of Justice. When we first got there, I knew the awkward questions would come.

Midnight's prison. My prison stands proudly in the center of the room. 

"What's that?" Cassie asks, pointing to it.

"I don't kn-" Nightwing begins saying, but I cut him off.

"It's my prison. If she takes over, this is where I will go," I say quietly.

I feel him walk up behind me and hug me. I smile, but the moment does not last, seeing as there are people to save.

"We have received intel. There will be a shipment of abductees from the docs of Star City. We hope that, if we follow, they'll lead us to Black Manta and hopefully, Lagoon Boy, Blue, Beast Boy, Impulse, Viper and Swiftchick," I explain to the remaining members of the team.

"Batgirl, Robin and Bumbleebee. You're Alpha. You'll pose as abductees and allow yourselves to be shipped. We'll be tracking you. Superboy, you'll go with them to the shipment, capture and take out a guard, then pose as him to get in. Once you are all inside and in position, Miss M will be sent after you and the captured six," Nightwing explains. 

"Destiny, Miss M, Star, Wondergirl and I will follow in the bio-ship. Alpha, suit down and zeta to Star City."

The plan began to unfold. M'gann readies the ship and we climb aboard whilst Superboy, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Robin leave through the Zeta-tubes.