Forty Eight: Witch Boy vs. Emerald Star

My boot makes contact with a guard before he can attack. Orion, Phoenix, Destiny and Swiftchick show up behind me. We wait at an entrance to the cave where the Light and the Reach's summit takes place.

My hands shake like they never have before. I realize it is because I am absolutely terrified. Not only are we taking a big risk right now, but Klarion, Vandal Savage, Ra’s Al Ghul and Black Manta are inside.

Fighting with Klarion this time will be serious. If he truly loved ‘Kat’, he’d want fair revenge since she is now in a magic prison in the Tower of Fate.

Now is the time to strike the Light where it hurts. Miss M, Red Butterfly, Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy, Blue, Impulse, Viper, Robin and Wondergirl are already in there, disguised. 

‘Prepare; we are a go,’ Miss M thinks. Misty readjusts her stance, tightening her grip on her scythe. I don’t take out chain; I won’t need her.

‘Invade! Invade!’ 

Misty and I fly above Lily and the possums, who run out and into the open of the cave. At the same time, the rest of the platoons enter.

It’s surely a sight to see; M’gann uses telekinesis to hold a sword to Vandal Savage’s throat. Daphne has Teekl, who is in her smaller cat form flat on the ground beneath her knees.

Klarion is frozen, seeing as Viper has grown her nails to extent, holding them at Teekl’s throat. Witch Boy spots me and his glare darkens.

With him is yet another girl… three girls. Well, they may actually belong to Savage, that would make more sense. It is Dusk, Kariana’s ex-protege and Tarantula, a female vigilante and leader of the Black Widows. Third and most definitely with Savage is his daughter, Scandal Savage.

“Well played. Well planned. But the Light always has contingencies…” Savage says. My attention is drawn to behind myself first, where the drop door slams shut.

The Brain has begun to flash white light. The hatch opens above us, where ninjas drop in like rain. They surround us in groups. I take a better stance.

“I’ve had my fill of your interference. Do not expect to survive. Kill them all, apart from the Emerald Star. Her entity may be used in our favour. Superboy may present a problem, but we will deal with him, when the other children lie bleeding on the ground.”

“Still you refer to us as children,” Aqualad says. “No wonder our success is mount; you consistently underestimate us.”

When Blue rips his mask off, revealing his armour, a battle insures. I see Teekl grow large and throw Daphne off of her back.

I slam my hands together and recite the spell Kariana taught me. "Laever nihtiw em eht tsegnorts fo eht ssertsgnos sarua. Tfig em eht tirips fo eht paerg dna ythgim sseddog!" 

The black tattoos spread over my arms, torso, neck and jawline. “Witch Boy,” I say, my voice sounding multiple and demonic.