Twenty Seven: Home

Busted out my Japanese for this chapter xD Make sure you checked out the character auditions in the part before this! :D

~

 "Misty, the Lanterns and I have encountered the Reach multiple times," I say to Captain Atom. Both Nightwing and myself are speaking to him through a connection to the Watch Tower. "They're a race of insect-like humanoids, well known for their manipulation of bio-chemicals. They usually make bio-weapons as well. My guess is, they've found something worth testing.

"Then, why have you not received intel from the Guardians?" Captain Atom asks.

"That, I do not know. I'll have to investigate."

"Still, though," Nightwing begins. "You can tell the world they're here. Their secret invasion, is no secret anymore."

"That," someone says from across the room. Aquaman comes into view. "-Would be an understatement."

I look at Nightwing, but he pays attention to the screen. A familiar news voice echoes through the speaker.

"Repeating today's top story; a small group of extra-terrestrials, The Reach, have arrived at United Nations Headquarters in New York City. For more on this, we go live to GBS's own G. Gordon Godfrey at the UN."

My hand balls up into a fist as that revolting old codger appears on screen. I sigh and turn around, closing my eyes tightly. I know what brought them here.

When Nightwing and I return to speak to the team, they look at us expectantly.

"Hana," Misty says softly, stepping forward.

I look down at her with regret, already knowing what she is going to say.

"Mist-"

"It's all my fault!" She cries, covering her face.

"No," I tell her sympathetically, putting her head in my hands.

"It was my own fault; getting captured by the Krolo's! They found the meta-gene in my human cells. I-I brought them here!"

"But you didn't bring the Reach here Misty."

"The Kroloteans attracted the Reach, I brought the Kroloteans. This is all my fault Hana!" She says, so I hug her and look around at the confused faces.

That's when both of our rings begin beeping. I release Misty and glance at the team, who stare back. I put a finger to my lips as a sign to be quite, then I press my ring.

The Second Vice Head of the Guardians appears.

"Emerald Star, Laurel Destiny. All Green Lanterns are being called off of Earth under Head Guardian orders."

"Oh?" I say casually. "And, why is that?"

"The Earth has been...loaned out."

"To The Reach. We are, quite aware," I say.